Author Topic: Gargoyles and Death Note  (Read 7940 times)

wrightway

Gargoyles and Death Note
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:14:52 pm »
Is it bad that the only part of the Evolution one that actually made me laugh angrily was the student saying Neanderthals and modern man are Homo erectus?

Completely off topic; but every time I see your avatar I want to look up Gargoyles episodes and just die of the happy.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
Re: Gargoyles and Death Note
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 12:18:28 am »
Is it bad that the only part of the Evolution one that actually made me laugh angrily was the student saying Neanderthals and modern man are Homo erectus?

Completely off topic; but every time I see your avatar I want to look up Gargoyles episodes and just die of the happy.

David Xanatos: Created a time loop for the sole purpose of becoming a multimillionaire Illuminati member. For his honeymoon.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:04:37 am »
(click to show/hide)

wrightway

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:20:57 am »
(click to show/hide)

This does not negate his badassery and awesomeness. Nor the fact the show was smart, brilliant, and complicated in ways the viewers didn't appreciated until they were adults. Hell, you need to be an English major with a minor in world mythos to appreciate half the jokes. And, speaking of hell, I do believe Gargoyles was the first kids show to slip that particular word in during the after school blocks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisYZqo2q40" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisYZqo2q40</a>

10:39 or there abouts.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 02:04:35 am »
I just had a crossover fanfic idea: Xanatos with a Death Note.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 04:02:15 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 04:28:55 am »
This is hilarious when you consider my recent post in the TV Shows topic.

Still, I was mainly just making a crack about how the Illuminati are virtually meaningless in Gargoyles. I don't know what they even do.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 05:54:47 am »

Still, I was mainly just making a crack about how the Illuminati are virtually meaningless in Gargoyles. I don't know what they even do.

They let people waste money and resources on building Death Traps that drive people insane before they die of starvation/thirst, then make stupid judgements like letting a paranoid detective into their group.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

wrightway

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 09:22:58 am »

They let people waste money and resources on building Death Traps that drive people insane before they die of starvation/thirst, then make stupid judgements like letting a paranoid detective into their group.

It's a rich, good ole boys club that covers their members tracks for the most part. Xanatos got, what, six months for something that could have netted him life? Bluestone used his to protect Eliza and the gargoyles. It seems that as long as it didn't hit major news networks or have too many witnesses they could make events just not happen.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:54:00 pm »

This actually DOES sound like something that any self-respecting villain would want to be a part of.

It's a rich, good ole boys club that covers their members tracks for the most part. Xanatos got, what, six months for something that could have netted him life? Bluestone used his to protect Eliza and the gargoyles. It seems that as long as it didn't hit major news networks or have too many witnesses they could make events just not happen.

That would really explain a lot, though Bluestone kind of played it up, if that was the case. "They control EVERYTHING!"

Also, are you talking about Awakening? Because they could only book him for the charges related to the stolen property & destruction of property. Elisa couldn't exactly go, "Oh, & he tried to murder these mythical beasts that don't actually even exist in mythology."

Plus, even if she did, silly or not, The Goliath Chronicles made a valid point--the modern American laws don't really apply to gargoyles.

wrightway

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 12:57:15 pm »
He put the life of a police officer in jeopardy. Nothing would need to be said about gargoyles because, viewed in the right light, that was attempted murder of an officer of the law.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 01:01:28 pm »
I'm not sure which part you're referring to. The mercenaries he hired? The castle falling apart?

The mercenaries actually might be a legitimate point.

wrightway

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 01:20:11 pm »
The mercenaries are part of why the castle fell apart. But I was thinking more the fact that his mercenaries stalked her through the park with the intent to kill.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 01:51:59 pm »

Isn't that just Death Note?
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57:46 pm »

Isn't that just Death Note?
Yes and no. Sure, Light is just as manipulative, but it would be interesting to see how it would go different. For one, Gargoyles.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.