Author Topic: Putin Trolls United States So Hard  (Read 5798 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Putin Trolls United States So Hard
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/washington-lawmakers-furious-after-putin-opinion-piece-in-the-new-york-times-165601848.html

I have to say, this time, I agree with Putin. I don't think that a view of exceptionalism for one group above others is a good idea.

Have to say, when its foreign policy, this Russian dude is amazingly competent. While I take issue with the Anti-Gay Bill, well, I have to applaud him for this most delicious trolling. Lets see if he can make half of Congress suffer anger induced aneurysms.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Putin Trolls United States So Hard
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:49:22 am »
Putin is full of shit regarding various facts, his government's interests in the conflict, and his reasons for penning the article (the aura of false benevolence in the piece is palpable; my eyes practically rolled out of my skull when he started pontificating about his humble desire to preserve UN law), but regardless of his intent, he's correct about military action in Syria being short-sighted and American exceptionalism being bullshit.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:33 am »
While I'm not defending the US's official position on Syria, I would really like to take this letter and rewrite it as close as possible to point out Putin's numerous own violation of International law.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:21:15 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:22:54 am »

Yeah, but they're different, so fuck 'em.

We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

(Emphasis mine.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 02:48:27 am »
While I'm not defending the US's official position on Syria, I would really like to take this letter and rewrite it as close as possible to point out Putin's numerous own violation of International law.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/09/12/vladimir-putins-new-york-times-op-ed-annotated-and-fact-checked/

It's long, but definitely worth the read.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 03:39:21 am »
Putin is playing a political game here. There is no doubt about that.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 04:19:11 am »
Putin isn't as competent as he appears.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 06:54:16 am »
We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

Unless you're an LGBT individual, apparently.

Is Putin just fucking with us at this point?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 02:37:41 pm »

Unless you're an LGBT individual, apparently.

Is Putin just fucking with us at this point?

I thought it was determined he was doing just that quite some time ago.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:44 pm »
I love the false claim that it was the rebels who used chemical weapons. Rather hard for them to use weapons they don't have access to. Putin also overlooks that the Assad regime is being supported by Hezbollah while portraying all the rebels as terrorists.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 08:18:08 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/09/12/vladimir-putins-new-york-times-op-ed-annotated-and-fact-checked/

It's long, but definitely worth the read.
Nice! Thank you for the link.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:22 pm »
The irony of Russia pulling this peace card considering they supported breakaway rebels in the Georgia. OR DID WE FORGET ABOUT THAT, MR. PUTIN?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
The irony of Russia pulling this peace card considering they supported breakaway rebels in the Georgia. OR DID WE FORGET ABOUT THAT, MR. PUTIN?

QUIT TROLLING RUSSIA WITH FACTS!!!!!!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 12:15:48 am »
Or he just really felt the need to stick his finger in the eye of America's politicians, and going by some of the delectible reactions, he succeeded.

He may be a bigoted person, but damn if he's not good at inducing froth at the mouth rage in politicians. You know what makes me want to vomit? The spineless left wing that stands back and lets idiots like O'Reilly and Hannity spew their bullshit across the media with nary a response.

I can at least say, with all his faults and disturbing traits in mind, he is very good at making Americans look bad in the foreign policy arena.

It is fairly obvious he is not sincere about doing this for the sake of peace, and that he's probably at least mildly sociopathic, doing all of this to further his own reputation and bolster the strong Russian position in Eastern Europe and the Middle East by averting another war with the United States. Its ugly, its damn evil (I could learn a thing or two from him), but its damn smart.

Were I the Russian President, I would've included:

* "American Exceptionalism is the same mentality that led the American Government to decide it can legislate morality and dictate what is acceptable in the world at large. America doesn't like your government? They'll send in the CIA or the Army to kill your leader and make a dictator take his place. America wants your oil? They'll say Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction and invade and destabilize your country. They are exceptional, they are above others, thus they can do as they please...a truly disgusting position."

* "They claim that there is a red line drawn about chemical weapons. This same America that had its little Contra Scandal, its Fast and Furious Scandal, and selling weapons to a little group in Afghanistan they decided later they didn't like. America, you have no right to draw ANY red lines."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:38:25 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer