Author Topic: Congressonal Republicans have Fracking Documentarian Arrested  (Read 2214 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Congressonal Republicans have Fracking Documentarian Arrested
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLys0MvDxuo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLys0MvDxuo</a>

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: Congressonal Republicans have Fracking Documentarian Arrested
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »
Wow. That's appaling. "Public" hearing my ass.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:25:52 pm »
As someone who lives in a Fracking area more research needs to happen.

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »
As someone who lives in a Fracking area more research needs to happen.
Here's a few tidbits of what we currently know. Fracking contaminates water[1]. Fracking was likely responsible for an earthquake in Ohio [2]. Fracking is also releasing potent greenhouses gases into the atmosphere [3]. We can do more research into it, but it's already looking pretty bad.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:29 pm »
Could we get a summary for those of us that have bad connections? I'd like to know what happened to cause that arrest.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »
Jesus Christ.  They didn't let ABC in?

Also, 16 officers seems a tad over the top.  Fucking Republicans.  They fucking sicken me so much.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:52:41 pm »
Could we get a summary for those of us that have bad connections? I'd like to know what happened to cause that arrest.

Documentary director tries to film a public hearing on hydraulic fracturing, House Republicans order him to be arrested by 16 armed police officers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/house-republicans-order-j_n_1246971.html?mrefid=

Hearings are open to the public, and any citizen can attend. Regulations only govern the use of cameras. Even under an extreme adherence to the rules, Fox's camera could have been confiscated or disabled without subjecting him to arrest. And while Fox did not have formal Capitol Hill credentials, such formalities are rarely enforced against high-profile journalists. Temporary passes are easy to obtain, and if Republicans had objected on procedural grounds, they could have simply sent the crew to the front desk, rather than ordering police to arrest journalists. The right to a free press is protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Documentary crews are almost never denied access to public meetings of elected government officials.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:10:13 am by VirtualStranger »