Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 397058 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1155 on: May 24, 2017, 12:25:16 am »
ETA: And technically, Bernie was never Trumps electoral opponent, as he didn't make it to the general to compete with Trump for votes. Looking at how Russia used Bernie, you could make a better argument that he was an electoral ally to Trump, dragging out the primary and fraying feelings, thus hurting Hillary's electability.

Except that, in a sense, Sanders was Trump's electoral opponent in some states, in that they were competing for voters if not votes. If you consider, say, South Carolina, which has an open primary, a voter looking for a populist candidate for whom to vote had, basically, Trump and Sanders, and so that voter would choose which party's primary to participate in based on whether they'd rather vote for Trump or for Sanders.

And anyway, "Crazy" fits Trump.

ETA:

Remind me: Who said that there was violence at the Nevada convention? Who denied Bernie "super-volunteers" credentials to the Democratic National Convention? Who gave away the floor seats of elected and credentialed Sanders delegates to Clinton volunteers? Who held voice votes at that convention when the room was packed with said volunteers?

Oh, and who had supporters called "PUMAs" in 2008?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:28:03 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #1156 on: May 24, 2017, 10:24:55 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-two-icecream-scoops-guests-get-one-time-magazine-diet-coke-thousand-island-dressing-a7732101.html

I know, the article is a bit old but there's also a gallery with trump cartoons in it which I wanted to share.
just your regular ape

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1157 on: May 24, 2017, 05:44:36 pm »
So the CBO score for Trumpcare 2.0 is out.  There's progress being made.  Now only 23 million people will lose healthcare.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/24/529902300/cbo-republicans-ahca-would-leave-23-million-more-uninsured

Ironbite-that's a legacy to hang your hat on.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1158 on: May 24, 2017, 06:02:52 pm »
So the CBO score for Trumpcare 2.0 is out.  There's progress being made.  Now only 23 million people will lose healthcare.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/24/529902300/cbo-republicans-ahca-would-leave-23-million-more-uninsured

Ironbite-that's a legacy to hang your hat on.

Trumpcare 2.0, as passed by the House, is DOA in the Senate. Collins, Murkowski and Portman won't vote for it.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1159 on: May 24, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
Believe it when it happens.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1160 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:26 pm »
Believe it when it happens.

Oh, if it happens, it's a catastrophe.

But Collins and Murkowski won't vote to defund Planned Parenthood (which the House AHCA does). That leaves 50.

Portman won't vote for anything lowering Ohio's Medicaid expansion (which the House AHCA does). That leaves 49. So they can't even get it through via reconciliation.

Plus there are probably a few other Senators who will feel the heat from their states over the Medicaid cuts, and others who will be afraid of their re-election chances (Heller and Corker come to mind) if the subsidy structure changes.

Plus the Republican Senate leadership said, upon the House passing the AHCA, essentially, "Good job. Now we'll consider our own version (Cassidy-Collins) and get back to you in the conference committee."

EDIT:

In the category of "Things Trump may have normalized":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeaXDIsch_E

Greg Gianforte, Republican candidate for the House of Representatives in Montana's At-Large district in the special election taking place tomorrow (go vote!), has apparently body-slammed a reporter from the Guardian who was asking him for his thoughts on the AHCA now that the CBO report on it has come out. So far there is no video of the incident, only the audio played in the above clip.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:33:48 pm by dpareja »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1161 on: May 25, 2017, 02:15:34 am »
Oh hey, look: https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/russia-planted-bad-intel-influenced-comeys-clinton-announcement-july-helping-trump-win/

So Russia did interefere in the elections. By duping FBI with fake intel that was planted to be stolen by them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1162 on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:22 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-oY7ijbf5E

Press conference on the Greg Gianforte-Ben Jacobs incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3v8EAKes2A

Commentary from another reporter covering the special election.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/867573719543296000

BREAKING: Fox News says crew saw Montana House candidate Greg Gianforte grab Guardian reporter by neck and slam him to the ground.

That's not any normal body slam; that's a chokeslam.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1163 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:34 am »
There is also an audio recording of the incident:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoH4v8xYlU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoH4v8xYlU</a>

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1164 on: May 25, 2017, 11:17:44 am »
He's probably going to win.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1165 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:32 am »
It's possible. Some people are just going to respect him more for beating up a reporter and someone said that most of the voting had already been done so the amount of people who might change their mind and are going to vote but haven't done it yet may not be large.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1166 on: May 25, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcOutB3Y6ZM

Rep. Al Green, who called for the impeachment of Pres. Trump on the floor of the House on charges of obstruction of justice, on why he did it and on the death threats, which include racial slurs (some are played in the video), his office has since received.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1167 on: May 26, 2017, 03:08:45 am »
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G17/MT#H00_

Greg Gianforte has defeated Rob Quist in the special election in Montana for its At-Large House of Representatives seat. Gianforte received about 50.8% of the vote to Quist's 43.4%. Libertarian candidate Mark Wicks received 5.8%.

Gianforte is still facing misdemeanor assault charges.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1168 on: May 26, 2017, 03:29:52 am »
What happens if this goes to court and he gets convicted?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1169 on: May 26, 2017, 03:47:23 am »
What happens if this goes to court and he gets convicted?

The maximum sentence for his crime is a $500 fine and/or six months in jail. And if you think a judge will jail a sitting Representative from his own state, and that a Republican-controlled House would kick him out over just the fine...