Author Topic: Stakes are rising in Syria  (Read 2765 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Stakes are rising in Syria
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 05:33:36 pm »
While Putin really is a macho control freak this response is perfectly rational. When USA takes action against an important ally Russia can't afford not to respond since they already are the underdog.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 07:44:20 pm »
This is what happens when an irresponsible hothead decides he needs to duke it out with a macho control freak. It won't end well.
Equally irresponsible are the gaggle of media, politicians both Democrat and Reublican and foriegn leaders who all went into insta-kowtow mode the moment their new president went all "presidential' by bombing something foreign.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:20:05 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 04:42:06 am »
Now there are implications that Russia knew about the chemical attack Assad did before it happened and that Russians bombed a target to destroy evidence to help Assad cover up his attacks...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 07:52:10 am »
AP got the information from an anonymous official. I'm going to wait for more evidence before drawing conclusions about the claim's credibility.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 10:05:06 am »
AP got the information from an anonymous official. I'm going to wait for more evidence before drawing conclusions about the claim's credibility.

If it is true, this along with the advance warning and relative lack of damage, goes a long way towards advancing the theory that this is part a long game being played by Putin with help from his lackey(ies).

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 12:04:03 pm »
Warning the Russians was the smartest thing about this whole mess so it's not really evidence about anything. American missiles killing Russians could have had disastrous consequences so compromising the element of surprise was necessary.

I hope that investigation into the strike will uncover some incriminating evidence pointing to the guilty party/parties. With the Trump administration rushing things forward the investigation results might not matter that much in the end, though. As long as they get their story and evidence in first they can do almost what they want and the investigation will just provide a more accurate hindsight into the actual facts. I am getting a nasty déjà vu about this incident and the Iraqi WMDs that too many people still believe existed.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »
Oh, and things haven't just been escalating with the Russians. Because Hitler forbid the North Koreans not get in on this as well.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-ready-for-war-us-american-aircraft-carrier-korean-peninsula/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6j&linkId=36405739

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 07:58:31 am »
And now Russia is warning not to bomb Syria again. With how impulsively Trump bombed them and with sending ships towards the Korean peninsula it's almost like he's asking for world War 3 to start. What the fuck is he thinking? We're not even a year into this blow hards presidency and i think it's been the most stressful for America in recent memory.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »
Jong Un: How can we make this all about us again...

General: Vaguely threaten Trump?

Jong Un: That should work. How's our latest monster we sent down to South Korea?

General: They blew it up, we grew it, they blew it up again.

(because North Korea is basically power rangers villains at this point)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer