Author Topic: Some stupidity of Ray Comfort.  (Read 15738 times)

Offline WarGoatHK417

• Neonate
Re: Some stupidity of Ray Comfort.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:38 am »
Isn't this the guy who thinks atheists don't exist? I'm not suprised at his level of knowledge, then.

That attitude is actually pretty widespread among fundies. They tend to claim that atheists are either A) just angry at God, or B) worship themselves.
If you look at Jean Altmeyer's findings, the really delicious irony is that, unlike religious people who had freedom and questioned both sides of the issue as adolescents, the fundies themselves don't believe, on some level.
Case in point: if Oral Roberts really believed he would immediately go to a place of eternal ecstasy after death, why threaten that "the Lord will call me home" if his followers do not raise and give him eight million dollars?
Quote from: Lilith
Why does a dragon have hair? Fuck you, that's why.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 12:38:37 am »
Isn't this the guy who thinks atheists don't exist? I'm not suprised at his level of knowledge, then.

That attitude is actually pretty widespread among fundies. They tend to claim that atheists are either A) just angry at God, or B) worship themselves.
If you look at Jean Altmeyer's findings, the really delicious irony is that, unlike religious people who had freedom and questioned both sides of the issue as adolescents, the fundies themselves don't believe, on some level.
Case in point: if Oral Roberts really believed he would immediately go to a place of eternal ecstasy after death, why threaten that "the Lord will call me home" if his followers do not raise and give him eight million dollars?

I think most zealots are just control-freaks with massive egos who use religion as an excuse.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »

The relevant Altemeyer's name is Robert. Jean is his wife.
Σא

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 06:25:02 am »
Someone should do a goofy superhero satire of Comfort & Cameron.

BANANA MAN & HAS-BEEN BOY!

Unless someone can come up with a better name for Kirk.

Why not Soda Can Boy, since that's the second half of Ray's atheist nightmare thing?

Yeah!

BANANA MAN & SODA BOY!

Banana Man and Subway Lad?

Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:35 pm »
That's kinda depressing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »
That's kinda depressing.

A fundy has-been former teen hearthrob & sammaches?

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »
That's kinda depressing.

A fundy has-been former teen hearthrob & sammaches?

I like the seafood salad ones myself.
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee