Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 114253 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 31, 2015, 11:41:50 am »
i had a dream about a month ago that still haunts me.

first off, disculpation. i know i've got a faulty brain, and i keep it in check. i try and do good, and stay calm. hell, i consider myself a nice, if unpredictable, person. ok, now for the dream.

i'm in my hometown in southern france, on the plaza where i used to play as a kid. there's some construction work being done, and there are metal palissades dressed up. i see a construction worker go behind one, and i follow. he doesn't see me. there's a hole exposing cables and pipes. it's pretty deep. i pull out my knife, and slash his throat from behind, being careful to not get blood on me. i let his exsanguinated corpse fall into the hole. "so that's what that feels like. kinda dissappointing" i say to myself. the foreman comes around with another worker as well as a lady. an investor, perhaps, or a town-hall employee. it doesn't matter. their throats are slashed and their corpses fall into the pit as well. there can be no witnesses, because people tend to hunt murderers. i fill up the hole again, hiding my deed. no witnesses, no bodies, no problem. i go to my car and drive away, my sense of curiosity sated.

i woke up in a cold sweat. it's so unlike me and my image of myself that i talked to my shrink about it. she told me not to worry unduly about it, it's just my brain trying out possibilities. although as to guess which disorder is responsible is anyone's guess.
whenever i remember that dream, i feel like crap. that's not me. or is it?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #481 on: November 05, 2015, 03:44:34 pm »
I dreamed I was in a mall.  Looking at the map, I noticed a HUGE bookstore and see what it had for books, RPG's, etc..  I called my wife, and she told me I had a $500 spending limit.  I then went from one side of the mall to the other and after what seemed like forever, I finally saw it.  The store was 2 stories tall, like a department store, and had a huge double doorway.  I could even see books I was definitely interested in right near the door.  I took a step toward the store,

and I woke up.  Honestly, I felt like I had woken up early from a sex dream!

It's funny because I just started reading HP Lovecraft's, 'The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath,' and I kind of know how Carter feels.  Maybe I need to find some priests who'll let me use their meditation chambers so I can finish the dream and get my books!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2015, 01:39:43 am »
I just woke up from a dream where I was at Vacation Bible Camp, except for Andrasians. One of the group leaders was Cassandra Pentaghast.

I think I play way too much Dragon Age.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2015, 02:05:31 am »
Just woke up from a dream where I was about to get dipped in boiling oil.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2015, 10:35:18 am »
Belated hugs. That's awful, Svata.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2015, 01:20:31 pm »
I just woke up from a dream where I was at Vacation Bible Camp, except for Andrasians. One of the group leaders was Cassandra Pentaghast.

I think I play way too much Dragon Age.
For some reason I read that as a "Bimbo Camp" and wondered what the on earth are those and how common are camps like that in your dreams...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #486 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:41 am »
My reading a lot of HP Lovecraft has finally caused the weird dreams to happen.

The other night, my dream started with my friends and I fighting some creatures (with their leader being dressed in a trench coat with a fedora and wax mask but being thousands of worms underneath).  One of my friends was a retired soldier, the other worked in the records department, and the third worked at the university.  I got into the most fights with the creatures in my dream; I was a clown.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #487 on: November 30, 2015, 07:04:59 pm »
I took a nap after work and my brain decided that the only reason Kilgrave from Jessica Jones wasn't able to take over the world is because I, being immune to his powers, was able to keep him focused on her.

Ironbite-oh and apparently salt was his main weakness.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2015, 12:33:24 am »
i had a dream about a month ago that still haunts me.

(click to show/hide)
I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I've had dreams where I was absolutely pure evil and did some horrible things.  I even enjoyed doing them in the dreams.  I told my psychiatrist about it, and she said almost the same thing yours did, as well as the fact that the dreams bothered me after I awoke into a conscious state told her that it's not something I would even consider doing in the waking world.  Besides, dreams can be interpreted pretty differently than concrete reality.

The people whose throats were cut may not have even symbolised people at all, nor the knife used to cut them.  Same with blood and your not wanting to get it on you, and your disappointment.  One thing in one persons dream can mean an entirely different thing in another's and so forth.
Think of it like a computer defragging (which is pretty much what the brain does when you get into REM), but the bits and pieces of info are being subconsciously ordered to mean *something* of sense.  Such as the mind likes to see faces in wood grain and clouds.

Well, I went on and on, didn't I? 

Just goes to show you all, I'm still around. :p
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:35:19 am by SpaceProg »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2015, 01:01:00 pm »
you're probably right. although everything felt real. like, lucid-dream real, even though it wasn't a lucid dream. even down to some details i had to double-check in real life. the first one that comes to mind is some light corrosion spots on my knife handle. but it was kept in the same back left pocket i always keep it, and it was my daily-carry one.

then again, with so many nightmares i have, it's notable for having woken me up.

(click to show/hide)

good to see you again, spaceprog  :)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2015, 02:47:57 pm »
If it's in your brain, it can come out in a dream.  Stuff from all the senses.  Most of my dreams are pretty vivid.  Sometimes stuff that happens in a dream, I mistakenly think happened in real life and vice versa.  'Tis the burden we vivid dreamers must bear, I suppose.

EDIT:  Which reminds me, sometimes I dream of things that happened in previous dreams and the story/events sort of continue where they left off from before. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:51:12 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #491 on: December 01, 2015, 03:15:10 pm »
Today, my morning class began at 9 AM, and I gave a quiz.

Last night, I dreamed that I woke up at 11:30 AM, and was panicking.  Did somebody give the quiz?  What else have the students been doing? Am I going to get fired for this?  Why didn't my alarm go off?

It was such a relief when my alarm woke me up and I realized it was still Tuesday, it was 6:30 AM, and everything was just fine.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »
Today, my morning class began at 9 AM, and I gave a quiz.

Last night, I dreamed that I woke up at 11:30 AM, and was panicking.  Did somebody give the quiz?  What else have the students been doing? Am I going to get fired for this?  Why didn't my alarm go off?

It was such a relief when my alarm woke me up and I realized it was still Tuesday, it was 6:30 AM, and everything was just fine.

I'm not sure which kind of dream I hate more. Those, or the opposite kind, where you're dreaming that you're awake on time and getting ready to start your day when you're actually oversleeping.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »
The other night I dreamed that I beat my brother to death with my bare hands because he called me a moron.  So yeah, that kind of sucked.  It doesn't even resemble the kind of relationship we have either, in fact it's pretty much the opposite.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2015, 01:02:20 am »
I dreamt I was covered in scales all over, with the only bare spots being my head and places that need to bend (like the back of my knees and the inside of my elbows). I spent the whole dream eagerly touching them, lifting them up and watching them and watching them click back into place, etc. My skin felt weird for the rest of the day.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!