Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 114252 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #495 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:02 am »
Your inner dragon is preparing to battle your mom-monster. Dreams are so punny.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #496 on: December 21, 2015, 10:46:29 am »
Had a dream where I, as a Darkness host, was fighting with Saitama.  It was fun.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #497 on: December 21, 2015, 12:51:15 pm »
I had a dream where our family had a vampire roommate. Or at least I assume she was a vampire. Long dark hair and completely white skin. Kind of an emo teenager. Seemed quite harmless apart from the fact that she had a habit of drinking my blood. But apparently no one had a problem with that in my dream.

Also, in the dream I later went on a trip with my wife without our kids. I assume that the vampire was acting as a babysitter for the duration so the first thing that popped into my mind when I was waking up was that leaving a vampire (or possibly just a really pale person who does not like going outdoors during the days. ...And drinks blood for unrelated reasons.) was a REALLY bad idea.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #498 on: December 21, 2015, 01:08:26 pm »
Your inner dragon is preparing to battle your mom-monster. Dreams are so punny.
Maybe I'm actually dragonkin.

Okay, stop laughing, I figured out the real reason: one of my characters has scales covering her body (long story) and I was writing a long section from her POV right before I fell asleep.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #499 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:26 am »
Last night I dreamt I was at a Clinton/Sanders debate, only the setting was more like that of a wedding. Rather than answer questions in front of the audience, they went to tables individually and talked to us. I asked Sanders what he planned to do about sex trafficking throughout the US, and he began reverse-aging before my eyes as he finally said, "We gotta do something."
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2016, 11:56:27 pm »
I had a dream where it was still the primaries for the US election.  I was at a rally or something where Trump quit the republican race and ran for the democratic party's presidential candidate.  But Hillary beat him and John Kasich won the Republican nomination, and now it looked like Kasich was going to win the general election by a landslide.  I spent the dream yelling at Trump and calling him an idiot for thinking he'd win the democrats primary.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #501 on: October 30, 2016, 09:57:32 am »
I had a weird dream last night.

I was back in college, except I had my dog, whom I got after college.

Also, I had a crow named Crowe.  For those who listen to The Hidden Almanac, she was basically a George; she had 4 limbs with little talons along with the usual crow wings.  And in my dream, somehow this was normal.  Nobody commented about it.  Also, she didn't fly much, preferring to climb up things.  She was very, VERY attached to me and loved to cuddle and get carried around.  She also could talk in a croaky voice, which is not normal crow behavior either, but nobody seemed to think it was at all strange.  As the dream went on, she was losing feathers.

So, I guess she was a familiar?

Also, I got sexually assaulted in my dream by some Italian guys who were very handsome but super-duper creepy.  And my mom and dad and my maid-of-honor from my IRL wedding, Marissa, all got together to help me...get therapy?  Get revenge?  It's a bit spotty.

Plus, there was a huge Catholic church.  But it was kinda-sorta Nazi?  And was hateful and slanderous toward Wiccans and LGBTQ, which also majorly pissed me off.  And like there was this huge horrible statue that was really offensive and slanderous towards a lot of people, and (among other terrible things) portrayed abortion as being exactly like Herod killing all the babies in Bethlehem.  It was gorey and nasty, and had lots of world leaders, past and present, with sadistic smiles on their faces.  And I wanted to speak out against the kind of nastiness that statue depicted, but every time I did, people hated me and shamed me and tried to forcibly convert me to their way of thinking.

And I tried and tried to leave the church by the end of Mass because the sermon was openly hateful and I couldn't stand to listen to it, but it had huge grounds and a moat and was hard to escape.  Also there was one exit that sent you instantly back into the sanctuary every time.  And my parents didn't understand why I was being so "difficult," and Crowe was looking sadder and unhealthier and balder by the minute and I wanted to protect her, and Angel looked all sweet and confused, and the random black ladies in the church were encouraging me, and I just wanted to LEAVE so badly and when I woke up it was kind of disorienting to be back at home, with my loving husband, no crow-familiar-thingy, and nobody trying to literally burn me at the stake.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #502 on: October 30, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »
........k?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #503 on: January 06, 2017, 11:49:09 am »
I just had a dream where I was at a family dinner with Larry Niven.  He announced that Hollywood was making a big budget Ringworld movie.  I told him I was glad hollywood was making something that wasn't a remake, but admitted I wasn't a big fan and said I hoped they rework some parts of the series I thought were a little sexist.  Then he left the dinner in a huff and did a phone interview with a cooking show and complained about me.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2017, 12:40:55 am »
So I had the weirdest goddamn dream last night, so I imagine most of you would know what the horrible tabletop RPG FATAL is right (if not don't look it up) so for some reason last night I dreamt that me and a few of my friends decided it was a good idea to play that game. Dream me is fucking masochist.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #505 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:08 am »
So last night, I dreamed about taking a piss on a slice of toast. At the time, it seemed like a perfectly normal alternative to a toilet.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2017, 09:34:28 am »
I hope you ate the toast after that.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2017, 10:12:32 am »
Although dreams having people pissing on bread of any type may not be common there is one theme in Art's dream that is common.

Strange things feeling normal that is. I have had dreams where I live in a completely different location or am still at school but no matter how strange things are until I start waking up nothing in the dream seems off place. As far as I know this is just how things work.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2017, 10:35:43 am »
I hope you ate the toast after that.
I'm pretty sure I intended to, but the dream completely switched gears before I could actually do it.
Although dreams having people pissing on bread of any type may not be common there is one theme in Art's dream that is common.

Strange things feeling normal that is. I have had dreams where I live in a completely different location or am still at school but no matter how strange things are until I start waking up nothing in the dream seems off place. As far as I know this is just how things work.
It's like that for me too. Everything seems perfectly reasonable until just before I wake up, when I start to wonder that maybe riding around subway tunnels on a giant skateboard made of crumbly cement isn't a normal part of my life.

On a similar note, does anyone else tend to hear music right before a dream ends, or is it just me? I swear, half my dreams seem to end with me hearing some random song I've likely not heard or even thought about in years (or sometimes even bursting into song myself, as though I'm a Lord of the Rings character). I've not only never heard of it happening to other people, but I have heard the (quite obviously false) claim that you can't hear music in dreams quite a few times, so it'd be interesting to know.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:56:08 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2017, 07:17:57 pm »
Hell, I'm more wierded out when my dreams don't have background music.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.