Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 114246 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 09, 2018, 06:08:36 pm »
The dream means that you should stop smoking Ice.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #526 on: October 27, 2018, 03:36:48 pm »
I've tried to smoke ice on several occasions, but for some reason it never catches and just ends up melting everywhere.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #527 on: November 02, 2018, 03:26:07 pm »
So here's a fun one. Last night I dreamed I watched anime, then I beat the shit out of a bunch of gangsters using a bin lid while wearing a dress. I think I just found my superhero persona.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:58:18 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #528 on: November 04, 2018, 10:55:27 pm »
Sounds like something out of a Jackie Chan movie.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #529 on: November 10, 2018, 01:36:13 am »
Had a pretty nasty nightmare / sleep paralysis thing I'm unsure what it was, just that I was really not liking it or appreciating the imagery.

I "woke" and saw my door was open to my room, which is odd, considering that's always closed. And I see the lovely Blood-Starved Beast ambling by outside, carrying what looked like half a torso it had been snacking on, sniffing around for more stuff to eat.

For those who don't play Bloodborne, this was what showed up on my doorstep;

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #530 on: November 11, 2018, 10:19:30 am »
I had a dream I hosted a Christmas dinner for my friends and family.  It was actually pretty cool; everything was hand-made by yours truly, it was a full three-course affair, and it was just really, really pleasant.  It makes me want a house so damned bad, so I can have the space necessary to do that kinda shit.  I also like how I had bread bowls for the soup part of the appetizers...I need to learn how to make bread.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #531 on: November 11, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »
I was making sourdough bread twice a week earlier this year. The bread is fucking lovely. But the problem with sourdough is you have to keep making it to feed  the beast. Hard to have a enough time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #532 on: November 19, 2018, 05:36:15 pm »
Last night, I dreamed that I really really wanted a shawarma, and would stop at nothing to get one. The weirdest part is that I've never had a shawarma at any point in my entire life.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #533 on: November 22, 2018, 05:51:41 am »
Last night, I dreamed that I really really wanted a shawarma, and would stop at nothing to get one. The weirdest part is that I've never had a shawarma at any point in my entire life.

I feel like your unconscious mind is telling you something...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #534 on: November 22, 2018, 07:58:47 am »

I feel like your unconscious mind is telling you something...

Ah, yes. It must want me to rewatch the shawarma episode of Binging with Babish.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #535 on: February 09, 2019, 07:59:16 am »
Last night, I dreamed I was eating a hot fudge sundae. Then I woke up with a spoon stuck in my arse.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #536 on: February 27, 2019, 10:18:51 am »
Last night I dreamed that I shat myself while trying to fuck a can of Pringles. Those sorts of dreams are always terrifying in the few seconds after waking up.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #537 on: April 23, 2019, 09:49:13 am »
Quadruple post time, for I have yet another dream to share with you all. In this one, my uncle proposed to me, and I was actually considering it. Even though both the fact that it's incest and that I'm not gay definitely crossed my mind.

Ah, good times.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2019, 08:51:39 am »
I had a dream a few nights ago. Several local young attorneys were placed in a Hunger Games type event. We were all given checks for $1500, and if you killed another attorney, you got their check. Checks were cashed at the Magistrate's Office. I decided I didn't want to play, and just took my check straight to the Magistrate.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #539 on: August 22, 2020, 08:26:16 am »
I don't usually remember my dreams but this time I had a good old fashioned "nightmare that prevents you from sleeping for the rest of the night."

You know how no matter how silly your dream might be, it still feels real? It's a funny thing. This time I had a dream where a troll kidnapped my kids. And when I say "troll" I don't mean "internet troll" or "DnD Troll." I mean a good old fashioned troll as told in the myths of my people. A being with great magical powers that needs to be outwitted in a duel where words and contracts are used in an attempt to trap the opponent.

After a very long and trippy dream sequence of me and the troll dueling with our wits I fell victim to an illusion and was nearly trapped inside the trolls lair but was saved by the ghost of my grandfather at the last moment.

After waking up from that and being in that "not quite awake" state where the dreams still feel real, I simply did not dare to fall asleep again on the off chance that I'd be back in the same dream.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!