Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 114210 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #510 on: July 09, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
Just a title: Peppa Pig and Caillou Defile Grandma's Grave.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #511 on: July 11, 2017, 05:47:29 am »
In my dream, I was watching a movie where a man was cheating on his wife in his own home (I'm guessing she was out of town for work or something), and his little daughter (She looked between 5 and 10) saw everything.  One night, the husband and his gf were in bed and the gf tied the husband's wrists and ankles to the bed posts for a 'game,' before going into the bathroom.  The daughter then entered the bedroom, locked the gf in the bathroom, and stuffed a shirt in her father's mouth. 

As the father looked at her with a WTF expression, the daughter said, "That's not Mommy."

Approaching her father, she revealed a knife and said, "Mommy showed me how to peel potatoes."

I woke up at that point.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #512 on: July 11, 2017, 03:29:54 pm »
................................the fuck?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #513 on: July 11, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »
Sounds like the plot of a really fucked up horror movie.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2017, 04:58:04 am »
After months of nothing but boring dreams where I'm either at work or walking through a desolate mall that's filled with nothing but clothing stores (and no book stores!), it was nice to have something interesting for a change.

I wonder if I can turn that into a short story.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2017, 04:02:52 pm »
I dreamt of a summer blockbuster: Steev Attacks A Giant Squid.  Steev is a normal man, until one fateful day when a giant squid destroys the cruise ship he's on and kills his wife.  Steev vows revenge, tracking the killer squid for years, undergoing brutal physical training.  In the end, he finds the squid and dives into the ocean after it with nothing but blue jeans, fists, and unyielding rage and emerges victorious.  In the sequels, Steev goes on to hunt other extreme fauna with the only weapons capable of administering his undying hatred properly: his fists.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »
Of course Steev is played by Ian McDiarmid right?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2017, 05:41:17 pm »
If I had any idea who that is, yes.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2017, 08:26:28 pm »
Emperor Palpatine?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »
Aah, there ya go.  That'd explain why I don't remember him, I tend to not remember actors from Star Wars that weren't Leia, Luke, or Han.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2017, 10:39:58 pm »
I went to a concert that supposed to be opened with Kim Kardashian singing Heaven is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle, but halfway through she forgot what song she was singing and switched to Firework by Katy Perry instead. Also, I had a black friend who declared his undying love for me but tearfully accepted that I could never return his feelings.

So all in all, a fairly typical Friday night, all things considered.

And I have another one. This time, the dog learned how to use an ATM, and promptly withdrew $450 000 (that I very much don't have) out of my account. So I of course was rather miffed that I had to go down to the bank to deposit the money because apparently you can't make such a large deposit at an ATM. Also, I was especially pissed because nobody would believe me when I said that the dog did it.

And one more. I woke up (as in, dreamed I woke up, not woke up for realsies) busting for a piss. For some unknown reason, I didn't feel like walking all the way to the bathroom, so instead I took a piss on my bedroom door. I seem to be having a lot of dreams about pissing on things I really shouldn't be pissing on, lately.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:39:30 pm by Art Vandelay »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #521 on: June 19, 2018, 03:10:28 am »
Last night, I dreamed I was at a party, and a bunch of stoners were rolling joints using slices of bread instead of paper. I have to say, it sounds like exactly the sort of thing stoners would try.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #522 on: June 19, 2018, 03:29:18 am »
A night ago, I had a weird dream about a clown who was in charge of an amusement park.

Every one of the rides or attractions had some sort of effect on those who went on them - though it seemed to depend on the person. For every good effect the rides or attractions had however there was an equally deleterious effect that was imposed.

I was observing from a third person perspective, and seemed to hear a narrator explaining everything that happened to the people in the dream.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #523 on: September 06, 2018, 04:36:58 am »
A night ago, I had a weird dream about a clown who was in charge of an amusement park.

Every one of the rides or attractions had some sort of effect on those who went on them - though it seemed to depend on the person. For every good effect the rides or attractions had however there was an equally deleterious effect that was imposed.

I was observing from a third person perspective, and seemed to hear a narrator explaining everything that happened to the people in the dream.

This honestly sounds a lot like an SCP

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2018, 01:33:42 pm »
Yeah, looking back at it I thought the same thing.

Maybe I should bring this up to the guys who actually write these kinds of things.

As far as dreams lately go, I had a pretty damn creepy one last night. I was walking through a fine mist, somewhere between water vapor and a seriously disgusting smelling smog. I saw all these images of people I knew talking, and words in a whole bunch of languages were underneath them. Some of those languages I am pretty sure do not exist.

I eventually found my way to a gigantic white crystal with what looked like I guess a dragon-thing inside. It looked like it was made of smoke and red light, with a pair of wings at I guess its back. It spoke to me in my own voice. It said that it was made "by your contradictory desires" and "unfulfilled desires", but then started talking in a creepy distorted machine monotone about how if I would just rip out my heart it could force everyone into a three day loop.

I ran away from it when it started saying "yes you want that" over and over.

But every time I ran away I ended up running right back in front of it, over and over and over.

Then my phone sounded and I woke up.

...What in the everloving fuck was that smoke dragon, and why did it do or say half of what it did / said?

It also deserves to be mentioned - oddly enough - that the way the dream looked was kinda like a deranged Don Bluth animation.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer