Author Topic: Republicans: Reactionaries, Not Conservatives?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Republicans: Reactionaries, Not Conservatives?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 11:54:23 am »
Because the current crop of Republicans are mouth breathing morons who got elected with the goal of making Obama a one term president.

Ironbite-that didn't happen obviously but its still something that they strive for.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:23 pm »
You know the funniest thing about  the Constitution Party is that it more or less made up of fundies, and want the Bible to be a governing doctrine, along with the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. But apparently never read the 1st Amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Learn how to read folks, I guess the whole using The Bible as a governing doctrine, conflicts a bit with the Bill of Rights, eh??

That's simple.  They "read" the first amendment was meaning the government can't set up a church.

Of course, this claim has problems as long as the word "respecting" is in there.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 06:00:58 pm »
I don't think it's Republicans as much as it is the fundies. 

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 10:17:45 am »
I don't think it's Republicans as much as it is the fundies.

Republicans courting fundamentalist dollars.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.