Author Topic: Possible shootout at MIT?  (Read 26500 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 10:36:12 am »
Just heard on WBZ that somebody ELSE was arrested now.  No word if any connection to the suspects.

Update:

Apparently the people they arrested are rumored to have been in communication with the suspect from the latest I have heard.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:38:43 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 11:29:46 am »
Police have been searching a couple parked cars with canine units. Not sure what's going on there.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Distind

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 11:31:19 am »
Police have been searching a couple parked cars with canine units. Not sure what's going on there.
My guess would be either be looking for unused bombs sitting around or seeing if they can find something that transported the materials to track down further accomplices.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 11:44:43 am »
Oh GREAT!  Just heard that the suspect still on the loose may be wearing a fucking suicide bomber vest?!
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 11:46:59 am »
Oh GREAT!  Just heard that the suspect still on the loose may be wearing a fucking suicide bomber vest?!

If you're in Boston, stay indoors, keep away from windows and doors, tune your radio and/or TV into the local new network to get the latest updates and go back outside then the Police say it's safe to do so.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 11:58:12 am »

If you're in Boston, stay indoors, keep away from windows and doors, tune your radio and/or TV into the local new network to get the latest updates and go back outside then the Police say it's safe to do so.

I live in Greater Boston, but I'm outside the lockdown zone.
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2013, 12:00:34 pm »
Pretty sure the deceased bomber had an IED on his body, so this doesn't surprise me. What would surprise me would be if the police took this fucker alive.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »

I live in Greater Boston, but I'm outside the lockdown zone.

As I say, stay indoors, particularly if you feel at risk. 
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:50 pm »
apparently fox news specified for their confused viewers at home that “chechens are not caucasian”, which is perhaps the most succinct summary of why it’s a stupid term I have ever seen in my life. source

Spoiler Alert: Chechnya is in the Caucasus.

EDIT: Are we going to merge the three threads and name it 'the Chechen Bombers' or something?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:11:26 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:03 pm »
apparently fox news specified for their confused viewers at home that “chechens are not caucasian”, which is perhaps the most succinct summary of why it’s a stupid term I have ever seen in my life. source

Spoiler Alert: Chechnya is in the Caucasus.

EDIT: Are we going to merge the three threads and name it 'the Chechen Bombers' or something?

OH CHEEZE LOUISE! Faux Noise (real motto, 'Fear & Bombast'), stoking the fires of ethnicism! Shut up, Faux Freaks!

Perhaps we should merge the two threads. They're practically one and the same.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »
Hey if they didn't do that it would interfere with Fox News' narrative that only non-whites commit crime.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »
So apparently the police are going to be doing a controlled detonation at their home in Cambridge. Wonder if it was booby trapped?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:52:16 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 01:08:35 pm »
Hey if they didn't do that it would interfere with Fox News' narrative that only non-whites commit crime.

Perhaps. Except they're wrong on two levels. Geographically and anthropologically (kinda).

&

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »
So apparently the police are going to be doing a controlled detonation at their home in Cambridge. Wonder if it was booby trapped?

I think they apprehended the guy. They wouldn't be blowing up the house if he wasn't inside.

I'm just angry & frustrated that there's no mass Muslim outreach educating Muslim kids on the stupidity of Islamozealotry. The best way to fight bigotry & zealotry is education.

There are pro-Muslim organizations who are trying hard to educate the public about real Islam, which is not about terrorism, but they're never noticed. Where are the mass sane Muslim protests? Where's the noise? Where the education & outreach? Are the nice Muslims a minority now? Has the whole religion become a Medinan perversion?

Now the Far-Right have ammunition for propaganda to bring this nation more Right-Wing! FUCK YOU, COCK-SUCKING RIGHT-WING FUCK YOU & YOUR FASCIST WAYS! LEFT-WING FOREVER! FREEDOM FOR ALL! LIBERALS RIIIISE!

Damned zealots and Facists, always ahead of the good guys whom Karma favors! WHEN WILL OUR DAY COME? THIS OUR TIME, DAMMIT!

I WANTED WHITE TEA-BRAINS OR RANDOM CRAZIES TO BE RESPONSIBLE! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S MUSLIM NUTS WITH TIES TO AL QUEDA! THE GOP GONNA HAVE A BALL!

NO MORE! WE THE PROGRESSIVE MAJORITY ARE GOING TO PUT OUR FOOT DOWN! WE ARE GONNA TAKE A NON-VIOLENT SMACKDOWN ON THE RIGHT! WE NEED TO MARCH! WE NEED TO RISE! WE NEED TO COUNTER THE HATE PROPAGANDA! WE NEED TO EMBOLDEN THE GOOD MUSLIMS & GOOD CHRISTIANS TO SPEAK OUT & COUNTER THE SHIT FROM THE ZEALOTS!