Author Topic: Wisconsin bill for 7 day work week no overtime  (Read 4516 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: Wisconsin bill for 7 day work week no overtime
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:27 pm »
I think they are more Randian than Christian.

Unfortunately, the modern Republican party line equates the two.

And while I can't find a cite, I could swear I've heard of Republicans trying to roll back child labor laws as well. I may be misremembering a satire, though.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 04:24:15 pm »
And what about all those little kids?  Shouldn't they be doing something productive with their time?
Yeah, why should only Third World children know the benefits of a steady job?  American kids should go to work on the weekends to earn some extra scratch from their families.  All the experts say it works.  Just ask Jacobim Mugatu!

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 04:34:31 pm »

And while I can't find a cite, I could swear I've heard of Republicans trying to roll back child labor laws as well. I may be misremembering a satire, though.

I think it was Newt Gingrich back in 2011/2012

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:54 pm »

Early as 2011, Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R). He is still at it too.

Gov. Paul LePage’s goal of making it easier for minors to work will continue in January when the Department of Labor proposes streamlining the work permit process despite previous failed attempts to do so.

Child labor in Maine has been regulated by state government since the mid-1800s and a key component of those regulations requires school superintendents to issue work permits for school-age children offered a job. Now the Department of Labor has proposed being the first contact for work permits during the summer months. Currently, applications are completed at a person’s local superintendent’s office.

The initiative falls short of LePage’s stated desire to lower the legal working age to 12, but reprises previous unsuccessful attempts to make it easier for Mainers younger than 16 to earn a paycheck.

The pictures of these two clowns look like they were lifted from one of those Awkward (Whatever) Pictures sites.
One does not simply shoop away the effects of inbreeding.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:16:30 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*