Author Topic: Debate tips  (Read 5111 times)

Distind

Re: Debate tips
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:15 am »
ALl a CAT scan is an MRI that gives you a big dose of radiation.
But it won't murder you with your own fillings. Something to keep in mind if someone sends you in for an MRI.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:45 pm »
I guess to start off, I'd like to have good arguments in support of Obamacare. I'm severely uneducated about it, and I want to be able to explain why it is a fundamentally good thing, and why it won't ruin the country.

Everyone covered death panels. So just look up the rest of it. Read the pros and cons. The look at the analysis of the pros and cons, what does the rightt say to the left's talking points and vice versa. Really, that's going to be the best way.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »
I suppose I'm looking for good debate tips for dealing with the who "Fiscal Cliff" which I can see is lunacy just when I took a look at it in the news paper. The idea that every tax increase leads to the drop in the GDP just makes me want to bang my head against the wall, yet that seems to have spawned the majority of this 'cliff.' But explaining it to someone in a succinct way fails me. Might there be some better ways of explaining why it's a poor idea?

I'd also ask about the gold standard backed currency and why it's terrible, but I figure asking my dad, again, why might work better. Since he's into the economics a lot. He votes democrat becomes of economic reasons... as a member of the top and a small business owner. Why I vote democrat right now. He even used to vote republican before they went off the deep end.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying