Author Topic: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)  (Read 9189 times)

wrightway

Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:39:40 pm »
The human rights watch is reporting once again on Operation Zeus, a Greek program meant to clean up the problem of undesirables in the country. They started with immigrants, moved on to drug users, then forcibly testing sex workers for HIV, now they're after transgender individuals. They're holding suspected undesirables in internment camps, because that's worked so well before.

I may have my issues with my home country's track record for the LGBT community, but at least it's not this.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:03:20 pm »
Since there isn't a link

More recent

Operation Xenios Zeus aimed to re-seal the country’s borders, and weed out the illegal aliens, while bringing order to troublesome neighborhoods.

The fact that it's almost a year old operation is really disconcerting. Arizona can no longer say they have horrible immigration reform.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:18:24 pm »
I'm for mandatory testing for HIV and similar diseases, but not like that!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:20 pm »
What the fuck Greece?

This law is so blatantly bigoted I'm amazed it's been going on for as long as it has.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:49:02 pm »
Greece is....just special right now.

Ironbite-simply special./

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:19:21 pm »
At this point, I say we let Turkey conquer them. Or Macedonia.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:45 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo37vW2SW-U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo37vW2SW-U</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVX2-RRkH8A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVX2-RRkH8A</a>

marginally related, but yeah... not a pretty picture in greece currently...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:26 pm »
Almost everything is horrible, but mandatory testing for prostitutes? I find it terrifying that they didn't already have that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 02:27:37 am »
So essentially the Golden Dawn party has abandoned all senses of subtlety in favor of screaming "WE'RE NAZIS DAMMIT!!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 02:57:17 am »
Honestly, I'm not surprised. Remember a year or two ago when the country pretty much went bankrupt and had the EU bail them out, and there were riots and much turmoil across the country pretty much? That's when the far-right crazies came out of the woodwork and started gaining power.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 05:50:14 am »
If I'd known this shit was going on a few months ago I wouldn't have wanted to go to Greece on holiday (went sailing around the Cyclades, had a great time).
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 08:49:09 am »
Greece, the birthplace of Democracy, has basically gone fascist.  Gee, that's going to end well.  I mean, its not like the Nazi leadership had multiple attempts on their lives that persisted until they were systematically eradicated.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:11 am »
Honestly, I'm not surprised. Remember a year or two ago when the country pretty much went bankrupt and had the EU bail them out, and there were riots and much turmoil across the country pretty much? That's when the far-right crazies came out of the woodwork and started gaining power.
Precisely. When times are bad, suddenly everyone is a lot more open-minded about extremism in all its various flavours.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 09:27:27 am »
Precisely. When times are bad, suddenly everyone is a lot more open-minded about extremism in all its various flavours.
When things are bad it is easier to believe that someone else is to blame. During the bankrupcy crisis the Greeks were blaming Germany and other EU countries of ruining them financially  ::) and when someone shows up during a moment like that and starts pointing fingers at foreigners and refugees they more support than they normally would.

I mean it can't be my/our fault... I'ts just those damn darkies or gypsies or commies/bourgeois or whatnot that are ruining everything. So rather than do something complicated and uncomfortable like increasing taxes, striking against the moonlighting that is reducing the goverments tax gains or whatever we could just throw those foreigners out and then everything will be alright.

Similar problems have always given a rise to extremists and xenophobes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 09:44:43 am »
Not shocked, given that being a fascist fucknugget seems to be the it thing right now there. One has to wonder how worse this stuff in Greece is going to get.