Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462184 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7170 on: May 09, 2018, 11:53:51 am »
I guess that means prostate cancer research is an MRA cause, am I right?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7171 on: May 09, 2018, 05:56:06 pm »
Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132

I see a few people getting offended, but they're heavily outnumbered by people who aren't. And almost all the complaints have been downvoted to oblivion.

On a related note, I'm going to buy the skin. Might buy the T-shirt too.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7172 on: May 09, 2018, 11:01:59 pm »
I did a few Ctrl-F searches in the comments for "feminism", "women", "gamer", and "equal" and only found one guy saying they should do testicular cancer next...

Maybe there are a bunch of people screaming about feminism (I mean, this is the internet), but they're apparently not in the Blizzard comments. Overblown?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7173 on: May 09, 2018, 11:25:11 pm »
I did a few Ctrl-F searches in the comments for "feminism", "women", "gamer", and "equal" and only found one guy saying they should do testicular cancer next...

Maybe there are a bunch of people screaming about feminism (I mean, this is the internet), but they're apparently not in the Blizzard comments. Overblown?

It looks that way to me.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7175 on: May 10, 2018, 09:40:23 am »
Well, yeah:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8hyztf/developer_update_pink_mercy_charity_event/?sort=controversial&limit=500

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8hyziy/now_available_pink_mercy_support_bcrf_overwatch/?limit=500

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8hzwm6/for_everyone_complaining_about_pink_mercys_price/?limit=500

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8hyv9c/charity_skin_for_the_breast_cancer_reasearch/?limit=500

I'm just skimming here, so I might be missing something, but it seems like only one of those four links has a lot of complainers in the comments. And most of those are calling breast cancer overfunded and suggesting donations towards other kinds of cancer, rather than getting angry about "funding wammen" like misogynistic troglodytes.

So yeah, still leaning towards "overblown" on this.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7176 on: May 11, 2018, 02:42:26 am »
What has giving money to breast cancer research got to do with feminism?  These idiots do realise that men get breast cancer too, right? And that breast cancer is a bigger killer of men than testicular cancer (or at least it used to be, I don't keep up with the latest cancer death statistics)?

Even if breast cancer was a uniquely female form of cancer, which it isn't, how would this be anything to do with feminism?  I honestly have no idea wtf they're complaining about.  Should we only fund research for unisex cancers or some bullshit?  Well, breast cancer is a unisex cancer.  One can only hope they're trolling.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:22:15 am by Katsuro »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7177 on: May 11, 2018, 09:13:48 am »
You ignorant slut.  Didn't you hear?  Anything that helps women, at all, is feminism, even if its just helping them to not die a horrible cancer death.  You so much as fan your farts away from a woman, you are a feminazi neckbeard just trying to virtue signal for easy pussy.

I shall now light myself on fire for writing that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7178 on: May 11, 2018, 10:15:24 am »
You filthy beta, man hating cuck. Don't you know that fire can and even is used to keep women warm?

You people make me sick.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7179 on: May 17, 2018, 03:38:18 pm »
I fuckin love Guild Wars 2, sometimes.

(click to show/hide)

On the left, some random guy that looks like he walked out of the cover of a death metal album.  On the right is me, a guy that is, by comparison, in jeans and a t-shirt.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #7180 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:24 pm »
I have a weird mix going on.  Elite: Dangerous in the midst of upgrades, but scanning every planet on my way because it pays credits to do so and the first Mount and Blade because I wanted to see how it plays.  If I find one grindy, I can just pick up the other for a while.

I picked up The Long Dark because I was on a bit of survival kick and it's pretty original at the moment to have a survival game that doesn't involve zombies.  I've only put two hours in it, but I intend to get into that once I'm satisfied with my progress.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7181 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:05 am »
So some people are already whinging about the Next Battlefield game having a woman in it when it's set in WWII. Apparently all the female Soviet front line troops who fought and died, as well as the countless female resistance fighters and spies who led many of the resistance efforts, and were tortured and executed for their trouble, don't deserve to be represented or acknowledge in any way coz they've got the "wrong" genitals. They made the ultimate sacrifice but fuck 'em; if they wanted recognition they should have thought about that before they decided to not have a penis.

The woman in the trailer does seem to have an English accent yes it is true Britain did not sent women to fight on the front lines they did use female spies who led resistance units - and by led I don't mean gave orders from their nice safe hiding place miles form the action, they actively took part in resistance activities.  One such woman was Violette Szabo, who was French but she was raised in England and would likely have had an English accent.  I suspect this character is either inspired by her or another woman like her.

Besides, with the almost never ending list of inaccuracies in these games why single out the presence of women (which as I've said isn't even an inaccuracy)? Me thinks some people need to check their insecurities.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:33:05 am by Katsuro »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7182 on: May 24, 2018, 01:43:56 am »
People complain about realism in a game series which is most famous for the ability to jump out of a fighter plane, kill the pilot of another plane with a sniper rifle (while you are in free fall) and get into the cockpit of the now empty (because the dead pilot somehow falls OUT of the plane) enemy aircraft and continue flying with it.

...But all that is fine while women aren't.

Meanwhile, the trailer also had European soldiers with katanas(?!), personalized clothing that violates all kinds of uniform codes and all kinds of physics defying bullshit that makes it clear that this is obviously not a serious historical simulation but the only other complaint I've seen was about the prosthetic arm on one of the female soldiers...

Almost as if the complainers only care about keeping girls out of their secret club...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7183 on: May 24, 2018, 02:58:46 am »
https://kotaku.com/1826276381

This is the best response I've seen to the "WHY DOES IT HAVE WOMZ" idiocy.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7184 on: May 24, 2018, 03:03:57 am »
"And here I am just wondering why is Kratos in Battlefield V?"