Author Topic: Democrats Continue to be Stupid Trusting Fucks: This Time, North Carolina!  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
http://www.salon.com/2016/12/22/this-wasnt-the-deal-political-chaos-in-north-carolina-as-gop-refuses-to-repeal-discriminatory-bathroom-bill/

The Republican-led North Carolina legislature adjourned a special session on Wednesday evening without voting on a full repeal of the controversial “bathroom bill,” HB2. That repeal was expected to follow the surprise repeal of a nondiscrimination ordinance in Charlotte, the state’s largest city, earlier this week.

After deliberating all morning and into the afternoon in a closed caucus session, Republican lawmakers finally emerged with a bill to repeal HB2, which has become nationally infamous as a symbol of regressive anti-LGBT legislation. But Republicans hold supermajorities in both chambers of the North Carolina legislature, so perhaps it’s not surprising that their repeal bill came with a catch: Local municipalities are barred from passing any laws related to employment or public accommodations for six months. Even that semblance of a deal is already falling apart, as hardline Republicans who supported the original version of HB2 still refuse to support even a partial repeal.

Gee, what a big surprise. The Republicans, like the hateful scum they are, broke their promise so they could keep on discriminating, and the Democrats, like the idiotic fucks they are, went right ahead and let them do it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Democrats Continue to be Stupid Trusting Fucks: This Time, North Carolina!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:34 am »
In the same session, they also passed laws to basically strip the Governor of all his power, since the new Governor is a Democrat.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:08:33 pm »
Man I'm so glad they proved to be the bigger party and help out when that one office was firebombed.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »
...Did the Democrats vote for those? Or did they even have any means of stopping the GOP?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 04:56:19 pm »
...Did the Democrats vote for those? Or did they even have any means of stopping the GOP?

The Republicans have supermajorities. The Dems couldn't do shit.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 05:50:40 pm »
It's hard to blame the dems when they couldn't do shit about it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 08:07:35 pm »

I'm blaming the Dems for passing the repeal of the anti-discrimination laws in Charlotte on the basis of faith that the Republicans in the State House would return the favor with repealing HB2, which as we all know, they did not do.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »

I'm blaming the Dems for passing the repeal of the anti-discrimination laws in Charlotte on the basis of faith that the Republicans in the State House would return the favor with repealing HB2, which as we all know, they did not do.

Yeah, they really should have demanded that HB2 be repealed before they touched Charlotte's by-laws. It's not like those anti-discrimination ordinances were in effect as long as HB2 was in force.

EDIT: What they really couldn't do shit about was the Republicans stripping the Governor's powers.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 08:20:06 pm »

They had faith in the Republicans? Really? After Trump, after Bush jr even?

Here ya go fox, here's the hen house-be back in five, I trust ya.