Author Topic: Journo responsible for WMD myth insists that Manning's leaks got people killed  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
This is some fucking antimatter grade hypocrisy, the woman responsible for spreading the myth of Saddam's WMD's has just tweeted this:

Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning. How many people died because of manning' leak?

Welp, between 151,000 and over one million Iraqis died following her publication of unexpurgated bullshit from Ahmad Chalabi, that's not counting dead soldiers of the US or it's allies or the dead from the mutual meltdown of Iraq and Syria.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
One of these women risked everything to get the truth out. The other is a glorified tabloid journo whose failure to properly vet got huge numbers of people killed. I know which one deserved to be imprisoned.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
One theory I've heard is that Obama is commuting Manning's sentence because of the DoD's recent policy changes regarding transgender individuals, which would have obligated them to pay for Manning's transition, and they were uncomfortable doing that. So instead, Obama commutes her sentence before the government has to pony up for the treatments.

Now to see if he'll pardon Snowden.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Or it could be about this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/julian-assange-wikileaks-hand-himself-chelseas-manning-commute-barack-obama-extradition-sweden-a7532706.html

Mr Assange promised last week that, if Barack Obama granted clemency to Chelsea Manning, he would hand himself in and go to the US to face a court case. The outgoing US president used his final hours to free the former soldier, who was jailed for handing over classified documents to Wikileaks.

Now Assange  can either break his word or surrender and cause problems for Trump. You see, Trump has openly praised Assange and but whether he pardons Assange or jails him he is going to face a backlash from some group. ...And possibly make an enemy out of Wikileaks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Or it could be about this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/julian-assange-wikileaks-hand-himself-chelseas-manning-commute-barack-obama-extradition-sweden-a7532706.html

Mr Assange promised last week that, if Barack Obama granted clemency to Chelsea Manning, he would hand himself in and go to the US to face a court case. The outgoing US president used his final hours to free the former soldier, who was jailed for handing over classified documents to Wikileaks.

Now Assange  can either break his word or surrender and cause problems for Trump. You see, Trump has openly praised Assange and but whether he pardons Assange or jails him he is going to face a backlash from some group. ...And possibly make an enemy out of Wikileaks.
Seems he's already pissed off Anonymous. Be fun if he could piss off both but Wikileaks probably has to get it cleared with the Kremlin first!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Just as I thought he would.

pyro

Well, I have given this guy the benefit of the doubt once too often. This is the last time I read anything off WL.