Author Topic: Release the beast  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Release the beast
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 12:10:06 am »
This better be a stupid viral marketing scheme or trolls from SA or something.

I saw this earlier as someone is spamming 4chan with threads about it. I doubt that this will get any rape-burn-pillage mobs out and the worst case scenario is someone getting paranoid over this and shooting at people they think are a threat.

Oh, don't you worry. It is a hoax.

I feel like the only who has bothered to even attempt to debunk this with proof and confirmation.

You debunked the wrong thing, though. Your link is about a fake news story where supposedly a Purge event happened in Chicago and 112  people died. This thread is about people threatening to hold a Purge in Louisville. Also a hoax, in the sense nobody followed through*, but of an entirely different sort.

*Or at least, not enough people to matter.
Σא

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:16:06 am »
I'm listening to the police scanner feed now http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13853

I'm thinking this purge thing is a hoax, but with the way it's been getting all this exposure, I don't doubt that some idiots will try to pull something.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:41:41 pm by solar. »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:53:30 am »
I think it started as some kind of hoax, but then people started going along with it anyway.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 03:00:18 am »
I live 10 miles away from Louisville. I'm listening to the police scanner feed now http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13853

I'm thinking this purge thing is a hoax, but with the way it's been getting all this exposure, I don't doubt that some idiots will try to pull something.

Wasn't the Louisville shit supposed to be last night?

Going from the comments in your link, there's supposed to be shit going down in Las Vegas and Kokomo, Indiana.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 03:27:43 am »
Las Vegas Purge commenced twenty five minutes ago.

Lets listen to the police scanner things, and see what's going on.

I am a little alarmed that there's a Bay Area Purge, even if its at TBA...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:58 am »
Er... on that note...

http://thoughtcatalog.com/rob-fee/2014/08/live-blog-im-in-louisville-right-now-and-the-louisville-purge-may-actually-be-happening/

Not really a verifiable source, though. Taking a look at news for "lousville purge", as far as I can tell the actual effects were a lot of people listening to the police scanner, and more calls to 911 than normal, but no noticeable increase in crime.
Σא