Author Topic: Are you more liberal or less than President Obama?  (Read 4342 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Are you more liberal or less than President Obama?
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:54 am »
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/0709/Are-you-more-or-less-liberal-than-President-Obama-Take-our-quiz/What-s-the-best-plan-to-reduce-our-dependency-on-foreign-oil

My Results -

Congratulations! You're more liberal than President Obama!

You're proudly toeing the liberal line, canvas tote bag and all. You've probably been frustrated with President Obama's policies on more than one occasion, especially when he compromises with Republicans. You probably miss the Clinton years, and may have even been a Hillary supporter in '08.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Are you more liberal or less than President Obama?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:41:40 am »
You're definitely a lefty!

Your politics are considered radical by many, and sometimes you even agree with communist policies. You disagree with most of President Obama's decisions, but you may not have voted for him anyway. Someone like Ralph Nader would be a better candidate for you.

---

I'm a pragmatic voter in a solid red state. I voted for Obama in '08 and I'll vote for him again, if only to spite the Reich Wing here.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:04:47 am »
Yep, I'm more liberal than Obama. I suspect a lot of people here will get that same result.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »

You're proudly toeing the liberal line, canvas tote bag and all. You've probably been frustrated with President Obama's policies on more than one occasion, especially when he compromises with Republicans. You probably miss the Clinton years, and may have even been a Hillary supporter in '08.

Though I'll say Guantanamo and Tax Cuts for the wealthy weren't his fault. The first was basically "Keep it open, or you look like you decided not to fund the military for the year." The Second was "Keep tax cuts for the wealthy or you'll see the whole tax cut go away. What happened to your stimulus package then?" That was basically what Republicans did and forced the democrats, and his, hands.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »
You're definitely a lefty!

Your politics are considered radical by many, and sometimes you even agree with communist policies. You disagree with most of President Obama's decisions, but you may not have voted for him anyway. Someone like Ralph Nader would be a better candidate for you.

---

I'm a pragmatic voter in a solid red state. I voted for Obama in '08 and I'll vote for him again, if only to spite the Reich Wing here.

Your vote is meaningless.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 02:33:33 pm »
I'm proudly toeing the liberal line, canvas tote bag and all.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »
"You're a moderate liberal, or maybe even an Independent. You agree with most of the decisions President Obama has made while in office, and you understand that compromise is sometimes necessary."

It's kind of hard when I fall somewhere in between two or more answers.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
"You're definitely a lefty!

Your politics are considered radical by many, and sometimes you even agree with communist policies. You disagree with most of President Obama's decisions, but you may not have voted for him anyway. Someone like Ralph Nader would be a better candidate for you."

Kind of what I thought.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:43 pm »

Your vote is meaningless.

See the bold. I did say it was out of spite, you know.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 03:50:57 pm »
Your results

I'm sure if Fairtax was mentioned in the quiz, I'd move farther to the right.  A few other issues weren't mentioned that might affect my stance as well.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

I'm not sure how to feel about this.  The phrase "liberal line, canvas tote bag and all" kind of annoys me, but alas.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »
I think it was intended to be more teasing than accusing.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 04:51:17 pm »
I am a lefty too.

But the quiz is deeply flawed. Many times the choices presented are insufficient and sometimes none is close to what I thought should be done.
The unbreakable wall

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 05:06:53 pm »

Ummm...I really didn't like some of the answers. Too vague.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:10:30 pm by Nicki »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 05:07:49 pm »
As I'm taking the quiz, all I can think of is that they need to hire a better quiz-maker.  Too many answers have too many things attached to them.

#10 is absolutely awful.  Every answer is loaded with something I disagree with.  Everything involves cutting "entitlement" or getting rid of our defense budget, or cutting payroll taxes.  I support less military funding, but having a military is necessary.

#21, none of the answers are in any way good in my opinion.  Oh well, best to pick the one that feels most... realistic.

I knew that before I voted for him
This quiz is terrible, and the person who wrote it needs to be taught how to write them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet