Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387969 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1665 on: September 06, 2017, 02:20:41 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they could; federal will always trump state.  We tried the other way around, it ended rather...messily.

Except that if it doesn't fall under one of the enumerated powers, they can't do it, period.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

pyro

« Reply #1666 on: September 06, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »
Interstate commerce clause.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1667 on: September 06, 2017, 03:02:49 pm »
Interstate commerce clause.

As expansively as that has been interpreted, it might still not be broad enough to keep states from enacting right-to-work laws affecting businesses operating only in that state, which would still mean the US has, as a whole, lower labour standards than Canada.

What I could see working is Congress's using its spending power to penalize states that have enacted right-to-work laws.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1668 on: September 07, 2017, 08:50:44 am »
Fucking...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3D6yvXhMsE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3D6yvXhMsE</a>...hell!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1669 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:38 pm »
While Trump and the Republicans fuck up trying to fuck over Americans, Bernie and 16 other Democratic Senators are introducing Medicare For All. (Notable by his absence: Sherrod Brown.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ps6lBATVoI (1h)

EDIT: Considering that among the co-sponsors are Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, and Kirsten Gillibrand, it seems that 2020 Democratic Presidential hopefuls are understanding that they either must at least pay lip service to supporting single-payer or they will not win the nomination.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:04:54 pm by dpareja »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1670 on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »
The world may run out of popcorn after this.

Trump, in his series of tweets Thursday, did not deny reports that he would support a deal on DACA that didn't include the wall.

And, in brief comments to reporters later Thursday, Trump said "the wall will come later."

Best tweet in response?

Caroline O.
I think Breitbart is having a cardiac event....

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1671 on: September 14, 2017, 07:54:42 pm »
Breitbart is calling him "Amnesty Don."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1672 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:43 pm »
God the amount of play this is getting is amazing.  And he has no idea what he just did with that tweet or series of tweets.

Ironbite-the man will not like what's coming cause the Right is insane.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1673 on: September 15, 2017, 12:29:14 am »
Do I see contenders for the Republican presidency in 2020.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1674 on: September 15, 2017, 02:11:44 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1675 on: September 15, 2017, 02:27:40 am »
Well, in "In Trump We Trust" Coulter did say that the one thing that could turn her against Trump was for him to backpedal on immigration reform.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1676 on: September 15, 2017, 03:18:09 am »
So, who's he got left if he burns the racist vote?

Toupée aficionados with terrible taste?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1677 on: September 15, 2017, 03:30:04 am »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1678 on: September 15, 2017, 08:29:07 am »
Former Trump fans are burning their red trucker hats over fear he'll be nice to (some) immigrants.

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that those things are so cheap and nasty or how much the tanty throwing trumpkins suck at setting them on fire.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1679 on: September 18, 2017, 01:48:44 pm »
https://thinkprogress.org/trumpcares-back-and-now-it-will-let-insurers-jack-up-premiums-as-soon-as-you-get-sick-38fff5001bf9/

Under this version of Trumpcare, as soon as you get sick, the insurance companies can raise your rates!