Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Preaching and Worship / A question for Niam.
« Last post by Jacob Harrison on Today at 10:23:45 am »
Since it has been taking a long time for you to write Chapter 11 Part 2, can I write it as well as other chapters? It will help update Parallel Hero faster.

If not, then when is Chapter 11 Part 2 coming out?
No he’s not. He gives a reason for his actions which is that everyone’s a sinner.
Which is his own fault in the first place. Both for coming up with the idea of sin and its death penalty and for making humans inclined to do things that he finds oh so sinful. Once again, your all knowing, all powerful god contradicts your own theology if you think about it for more than ten seconds. I have to say, it's absolutely hilarious how often that happens.

Not to mention, your entire religion contradicts reality itself, which I feel is what you should really be taking note of right now.

He gives humans free will. Unfortunately humans use their free will to commit sin. God is our creator so he obviously makes rules for his creation to follow. 
Preaching and Worship / Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 08:27:56 am »
No he’s not. He gives a reason for his actions which is that everyone’s a sinner.
Which is his own fault in the first place. Both for coming up with the idea of sin and its death penalty and for making humans inclined to do things that he finds oh so sinful. Once again, your all knowing, all powerful god contradicts your own theology if you think about it for more than ten seconds. I have to say, it's absolutely hilarious how often that happens.

Not to mention, your entire religion contradicts reality itself, which I feel is what you should really be taking note of right now.
Yawn, not a first person account and besides, it was during an age when people believed all sorts of crazy shit. People also believed that reading bird entrails was a sound predictive model, who cares?

Google "proof definition," ponder it.

But Josephus must have gotten that information from somewhere. He was an expert historian who knew a lot of Jewish history.
And that's quite frankly horrifying. Anyone and everyone can be killed in the name of God, because it's justified because they're sinners. That's one hell of a good reason not to subscribe to a belief system like that.

It DOES NOT MEAN that we are allowed to kill anyone. We are all sinners so we are not justified in killing others. However God is justified in killing anyone or ordering people killed because he is an omnibenevolent being without sin so he has the moral high ground unlike us.

So in regards to abortion, it is evil for humans to kill babies, however God can do so, or order the killing of babies like he did to the Canaanite babies in the Bible because babies are born in original sin due to the curse on mankind after the first evolved Homo sapiens Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit.

And there you have it. "God can order the killing of babies." As in he can order people to kill babies if it's in the name of God. And since there's no way of telling who's actually obeying God's will and who's just crazy, a good Christian would have to assume that anyone claiming to be killing babies in the name of God is telling the truth, meaning anyone can kill anyone else in the name of God and it's justified.

And that's horrifying.

No, the killer has to give proof that God ordered for the killing to happen.
1. Well the Canaanites performed human sacrifice so it is a good thing that God ordered them killed, so that the Israelites would not convert to their wicked religion.
Oh yeah, because it's not like an all powerful diety had other options besides genocide.
2. They are saying that everyone’s a sinner and the wages of sin is death, meaning that God is justified in killing anyone including the Canaanites.
Once again, "everyone's a sinner" and "sinners deserve death" are only things because God says so, according to your own religion. He's just saying "I want to kill you and I'm totally right to do so because I said so".

The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by Askold on Today at 03:13:57 am »
If a manga is advertised as "romantic comedy between the hero and the demon queen" but it turns out that the only reason the daemon queen goes on a date with the hero is...

Let's see: "The hero threatens to kill her unless she goes on a date with him and after seeing that he can defeat her easily she agrees only to save her life."

Japan: What the fuck?

I mean, it does turn into a rom-com later but the start of the series is a bit creepy.
Politics and Government / Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 02:07:34 am »
Republic just means that it's not ruled by a king.

I know that, I'm pointing out what it meant way back then when most countries were monarchies.

It is a case of denying definitional shift, as Cloud noted.
Politics and Government / Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Last post by Cloud3514 on Today at 02:03:22 am »
I have to wonder if these people who parrot the "republic not a democracy" talking point actually know the context.

Way way back in the late 18th century, "democracy" meant "direct democracy" (think ancient Athens) and "republic" meant "representative democracy" (think all democratic countries today--Switzerland's probably the closest to a direct democracy, but there are important checks on the power of the voters as a legislative body). Athenian democracy was essentially mob rule, and Madison et al were desperate to avoid that (see, for instance, Federalist No. 55). Hence they set up a republic (ie a representative democracy) specifically to hold the power of the mob in check. (Hence why the President is elected indirectly and the Senate was initially also elected indirectly.)

So technically the people who say "republic not a democracy" are right, if you're 225 years behind in your definitions.

These are the same people who say shit like "the KKK was founded by Democrats!". It's convenient for them to pretend that politics and political definitions haven't changed in hundreds of years because it does things like make dumbshit undecided voters think that the Democrats are the racists, even though the modern Klan and neo-NAZIs didn't vote for Clinton. They rely on people being lazy and not wanting to do their own research, even though it takes less research and more extremely basic reasoning starting with how the fucking Klan and neo-NAZIs don't vote for Democrats.
Yawn, not a first person account and besides, it was during an age when people believed all sorts of crazy shit. People also believed that reading bird entrails was a sound predictive model, who cares?

Google "proof definition," ponder it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10