Author Topic: Yet another new drug  (Read 11051 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Yet another new drug
« on: September 21, 2012, 02:10:02 pm »
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy-living/2c-smiles-killer-drug-every-parent-know-234200299.html

A new drug called "Smiles" (also called 2C-I) is growing in popularity among teenagers and it produces terrifying visual and audio hallucinations. Apparently, its described as being like MDMA and LSD combined, only far more potent. Several teenagers have already overdosed and died from partaking of the drug, whose effects can last anywhere from several hours, to several days.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Yet another new drug
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »
Witnesses described the 17-year-old boy as "shaking, growling, foaming at the mouth." According to police reports, Elijah Stai was at a McDonald's with his friend when he began to feel ill. Soon after, he "started to smash his head against the ground" and began acting "possessed," according to a witness. Two hours later, he had stopped breathing.
Jesus Christ...

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »
Don't forget to describe the symptoms of an overdose.

Witnesses described the 17-year-old boy as "shaking, growling, foaming at the mouth." According to police reports, Elijah Stai was at a McDonald's with his friend when he began to feel ill. Soon after, he "started to smash his head against the ground" and began acting "possessed," according to a witness. Two hours later, he had stopped breathing.

Also, being a synthetic, it doesn't show up on drug tests, so people in the military or anywhere wanting a urine sample won't be able to detect it.

Alas, one of those places are hospitals.

"The unfortunate thing is if kids who are overdosing on 2C-I go in to the hospital with a physical problem, a lot of times they can't test for it so it doesn't show up as a drug overdose," says Wold.

AND it's already spawning sister drugs that are just as dangerous!

The new drug called 25b-Nbome, is a derivative of 2C-I, that's sold in tab form. This past month, the drug has been linked to the non-fatal overdoses of two young adults in Perth, Australia. It's also be blamed for the death of a young man in the same area, who died after repeatedly slamming his body into trees and power line poles while high on the drug.

Ohh but boy howdy, we can't ever legalize pot. No sir, that's just as bad as all these kill-your-self-while-high drugs. Yep, pot's a Schedule 1 drug right along with cocaine, morphine, meth, MDMA and now Smiles.

*Edited because Did Not Do The Research*
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:11:49 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »
Ohh but boy howdy, we can't ever legalize pot. No sir, that's just as bad as all these kill-your-self-while-high drugs. Yep, pot's a Schedule 1 drug right along with cocaine, morphine, meth, MDMA and now Smiles.
Meth is Schedule II, along with cocaine I think.

Offline Gst0395

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:00:29 pm »
Oh god, I feel real bad for the parents of those teens that died thanks to that. I hope it doesn't spread to different states or worse, different countries. I will admit the name "Smiles" is pretty creative though.
Youtube: Gst0395
Pixar Planet: Geoff-uk1234

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:06:17 pm »
Meth is Schedule II, along with cocaine I think.

You know, you're right. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH OUR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES SYSTEM?!
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »
Well that's all kinds of scary.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »
It's a sad state of affairs when the top of people's itinerary is to find new stronger ways to escape life as we know it.  Says something about the state the world is in in general.  Or maybe that's just me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »
Alas, people have always been doing that, in one form or another.  A century or two ago, it was opium.  In the 60s, it was weed and LSD.  A decade ago, it was meth.  Tis one of those unfortunate facts of humanity, that some of us will do anything to escape.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »
I know... It's depressing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 11:54:13 pm »
Alas, people have always been doing that, in one form or another.  A century or two ago, it was opium.  In the 60s, it was weed and LSD.  A decade ago, it was meth.  Tis one of those unfortunate facts of humanity, that some of us will do anything to escape.

Can't really blame them, reality is really fucked up as it is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 02:24:30 am »
Someone once complained that one of the dumber things in the Max Payne movie was that if the drug Valkyr gives the addicts horrible, nightmarish visions then how come it is so popular?

Meanwhile in the real world people are willing to use drugs like "smiles" and Krokodil...

I will never understand why some people will use something like this out of their free will.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 02:44:45 am »
They use things like smiles and krokodil because the drugs they usually go after, ecstasy and heroin in this case, are unaffordable, or they can get more of the former two than they can of the latter two.

Why do people start using drugs in general?  Some are addicted because they used certain kinds of drugs to treat medical conditions, like folks who suffer from chronic pain occasionally getting hooked on opiates.  Others, well...they're poor, they're depressed, life to them is a crushing experience, and they feel that the only time they're happy is when they're high.  Its an easy out for life's many problems...the only problem there is that drug addiction doesn't really help your problems, and ends up creating more than what you had to begin with.

Also, and I'm talking about America in this case, we don't have comprehensive drug education.  Our drug ed is at pretty much the same miserably failing level as our sex ed, with "just say no" campaigns being similar in theory and in practice to abstinence-only sex ed.  I'm not saying we should scare kids shitless with horrible, graphic descriptions and images of what drug addiction can do to you, but we should teach them what they do.  No scare tactics, no bullshit, just straight, no-nonsense facts.

While it may not eliminate the problem, and honestly, nothing ever will, it'd probably go a fair way toward curbing the number of minors becoming addicts.  Education works, and we really should do it more often with shit that matters.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 09:15:23 am »
...and here we have exactly why the war on drugs is a failure.  Every time they ban something, people synthesize something else that is probably more dangerous, and completely unknown.  There's also the fact that the law causes sellers to obfuscate what's actually in the package, as to avoid having the specific chemicals in their formula identified and banned.  New, dangerous and shitty drugs couldn't compete with good and safe stuff like pot, psilocybin, and LSD if it wasn't illegal.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 10:23:04 am »
New, dangerous and shitty drugs couldn't compete with good and safe stuff like pot, psilocybin, and LSD if it wasn't illegal.

Sure they would. Pot is different than acid is different than cocaine is different than heroine. There's always going to be somebody who wants something that's stronger, faster, longer lasting. Hell, crack came about because caine wasn't strong enough. Let that sink in for a second.

There's plenty of good reasons to legalize some drugs. But that ain't one of them.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.