Author Topic: JPMorgan Chase CEO only gets $11.5 million for 2012  (Read 1572 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
JPMorgan Chase CEO only gets $11.5 million for 2012
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:26:06 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2013/01/16/business-jp-morgan-dimon.html

JPMorgan Chase reported a 55 per cent jump in earnings for the last three months of 2012 as mortgage fees and other income surged. The bank also released internal reviews of a surprise $6 billion trading loss that has drawn sanctions from regulators and said it would cut its CEO's pay as a result.

JPMorgan, the country's biggest bank by assets, will pay Jamie Dimon $11.5 million for 2012, consisting of $1.5 million in salary and restricted stock awards of $10 million. That's less than half what he made last year, $23 million, which made him the highest-paid chief executive of any of the country's mega-banks.

The bank's board of directors sets the pay for Dimon and other top executives. In a call with reporters, Dimon said he wasn't involved in their decision but respected it. When a reporter asked him for his "gut feeling," he replied, "Nope, you're not gonna get it."

Clearly this will put the poor fellow in the poorhouse.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: JPMorgan Chase CEO only gets $11.5 million for 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:28 am »
sheds a tear oh wait that is me with my min wage job cuttting onions

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: JPMorgan Chase CEO only gets $11.5 million for 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »
I shed a tear too...but in my case it was me without a job for several years thinking about how I might be better off dead.