Author Topic: Utah does the right thing.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Utah does the right thing.
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:05 am »
Ok so awhile ago, there was a story about a drill sergeant who's daughter was adopted by a Utah family despite the family knowing that the father had not given consent and never would.  But now the story has a happy ending[url]

A father has been reunited with his 22-month-old daughter who was given up for adoption at birth without his knowledge. After a grueling custody battle between the army drill sergeant, Terry Archane, and the Frei family who had adopted his daughter, a Utah judge ruled that the girl must be returned to her biological father.

"I'm just happy right now. I'm with my daughter," Sgt. Terry Achane told "Good Morning America."

Achane was stationed in South Carolina when his now ex-wife, Tira Bland, gave birth to their daughter Leah (who he calls Teleah) in March 2011. He expected to return to his wife and baby in Texas, where he expected the birth would take place, after the child was born, the Salt Lake Tribune reported in December. But Bland delivered Leah in Utah, instead, and gave her up for adoption just two days later. It was weeks before Achane knew his daughter had been placed for adoption.

"Utah's laws appeal to people who want to get it done quick, rather than to people who want to get it done right," Adam Pertman, executive director at the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute, told GMA.

Ironbite-doesn't make up for the shit Utah has done in the past but makes me warm and -*explodes, respawns*  Oh...that was me blowing up.