Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2024143 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11925 on: June 10, 2018, 03:20:44 pm »
Well generally rails are needed with rails.  Well, unless the train can build it's own rail.

Ironbite-like the Denliner.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11926 on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »
Does it count if the rail isn't an old fashioned metal railroad and instead it uses some sort of trail of beacons to stay on the track? Meaning that even though it would technically be a submarine it would only move on a preset track (there would need to be a justification for the tracks. Perhaps it is there also as means of powering the sea-train wirelessly so that there is no need for massive batteries?)

...Or maybe it is a sea-train because it has a powerful engine that pulls cargo-capsules like a train but it doesn't need rails at all?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11927 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:45 pm »
I think I've solved the mystery. You see, there is need for very specific sort of sand, which can only be found at a certain point on the seabed. They found the best way to extract it long term was an automated rail loop where driverless vehicles would reach the site, scoop up a full load and return to shore, where it would empty itself and the whole process would repeat. Unfortunately, being submersed in seawater all the time, maintaining and replacing these rails gets very expensive, and so the Prime Minister was lamenting the fact that a similar automated underwater digging set up that lacks rails does not exist.

What do they need this for in the first place, I hear you ask? Why, that's simple. A member of his very own cabinet (I assume) pledged to build the best sand castle in the galaxy, so naturally only the very best sand in the galaxy will suffice.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11928 on: June 11, 2018, 01:16:53 am »
You are getting too good at this Art for you not to make it your career.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11929 on: June 13, 2018, 01:22:00 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11930 on: June 13, 2018, 03:53:07 am »
The sheer existential horror of the "lives" system in video games honestly hadn't occurred to me before reading that.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11931 on: June 14, 2018, 12:22:38 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11932 on: June 15, 2018, 04:55:49 am »
I think we can retire this joke now. It's not like anyone can top this:

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11933 on: June 15, 2018, 06:00:23 am »
...right up until it comes out that Trump is also using a personal e-mail account for official business. (Which I would be utterly unsurprised to learn that he is--in fact, I'd be completely unsurprised if this already has come out and I've just forgotten about it because of the billion-and-one other scandals he's involved in.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11934 on: June 15, 2018, 06:11:28 am »
He is using a civilian phone that can be hacked easily, because he refuses to use the official phone that was actually built and modified to be used by the president. This is well documented.

Have the Republicans or the "buttery males" crowd said a thing about that breach in security protocols?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #11935 on: June 16, 2018, 08:48:22 am »
the "buttery males" crowd

I first saw that yesterday, and only just now got it.  lol

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11936 on: June 16, 2018, 10:04:33 am »
*slowly hides tub of Land-O-Lakes butter*

Yes.  The joke...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11937 on: June 17, 2018, 08:40:02 am »

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:34:48 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11938 on: June 17, 2018, 10:21:48 am »
I'd advise against taunting Beerus-sama like that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11939 on: June 17, 2018, 10:18:48 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.