Author Topic: ...Not even wrong  (Read 4033 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
...Not even wrong
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:12:04 am »
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2013/01/31/is-the-sun-dying-eric-dollard-reveals-3-secrets-about-the-sun/

Things I "learned" watching the video:

(1) The sun is a hollow ball with nothing inside.
(2) Nuclear fusion only occurs in solar flares.
(3) The sun and stars are actually giant transformers, which turn...something...from another dimension into heat and light.
(4) the sun and stars are not visible in space, because they only become visible while reacting with matter.
(5) Nuclear fusion is actually a religion.

I managed to get to 5:45 before the stoopid overwhelmed me.  Anyone else wanna take a go at it?
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: ...Not even wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:19:28 am »
I'll pass.  My headache is bad enough reading your examples.  Though I do remember reading on FB someone complaining that they don't allow prayer in school, yet they allow "religions" like evolution and global warming.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:32:04 am »
A part of me wants to believe he is just trolling.
Saying stuff that outrageously bad so earnestly makes me feel like he either is a true believer or trying to get a reaction.

At the end when it showed his half baked paranoid research though and the radio in his car, I started to lean towards him being serious. I have some unique questions for him though, I would love to know what the star was doing before the Renaissance era (when he said the sun cycles started). I also love how he thinks the "dark" sunspots are holes into the hollow interior of the sun, and not say images of the sun filtered dramatically for any kind of contrast on its exploding energy expelling surface.

There are just so many questions I would love to hear his answers for, like if everything is hollow, what is keeping everything from crumbling in on itself? Not to mention how the sun stealing energy from another dimension does not violate the second law of thermodynamics that he mentions himself.

The crazy is strong with that one.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:49:57 am »
"The sunspots are holes that allow you to see inside. It's dark inside."

I don't even know where to start...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:33 am »
Dark sunspots aren't comparable to your anus simply because they both happen to share a similar colour, you boob.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:49:11 am »
I sometimes wonder if I should start my own conspiracy theory, just to see if it catches on. Then again, I'm not sure I'd be anywhere near creative enough to compete with this sort of thing. It really takes a special kind of nutter to come up with "the sun is hollow".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:38 am »
I sometimes wonder if I should start my own conspiracy theory, just to see if it catches on. Then again, I'm not sure I'd be anywhere near creative enough to compete with this sort of thing. It really takes a special kind of nutter to come up with "the sun is hollow".

easy conspiracy in 3 steps:

-the sun is hollow, like a lightbulb.
-the sun shines, like a lightbulb.
-big energy is stopping plans to create artificial mini-suns to keep electricity prices up and to drive Vandelay Industries into the ground!

there you go! you're welcome
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »
So...conspiracy theories are basically insane troll logic?  That makes far too much sense.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:13:00 pm »
So...conspiracy theories are basically insane troll logic?  That makes far too much sense.

ok, let's do this: kennedy's magic bullet/ 3 shooters/ cia cover up, big pharma and the antivaxxer crowd, monsanto and all of the alternative health woo, "aliens gangbanged my sphincter on uranus", the numbers 23, 911, 42, 666, and numerology in general...
screw it, give this a read, and come back and tell me straight-faced that insane troll logic is not the driving force behind some of these. i'll wait by re-reading some  :)

edit: sorry if my post comes off as aggressive, it's not meant to be, but i don't know how to fix it.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 05:23:47 pm »
Dark sunspots aren't comparable to your anus simply because they both happen to share a similar colour, you boob.
So basically the kook thinks the sun is goatseing us?
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:39 am »
So basically the kook thinks the sun is goatseing us?

Well given the emphasis he gives to the flares and how those are the only times radiation is released, probably. He probably sees solar flares as the suns farts. (which in a strange way they are.)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 03:05:02 am »
I should show this to my conspiratard brother and see what he says. Remember, he's the guy who has no idea what vaccines are or how they work. Science was never his strong point.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57:40 am »

Offline JackBauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Neonate
  • Jack's back!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:26 am »
This sounds like the sort of person who believes it would be safe to send a manned mission to the sun providing it goes at night.
Part pirate, part wolf.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 10:46:57 am »

I love this gif so much.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen