Author Topic: Pokemon Go thread  (Read 7325 times)

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
Pokemon Go thread
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:39:16 pm »
Hey people in the interest of knowing that I'm not the only adult child on this site I want to ask how your Pokemon Go accounts are going.  I caught me a Kingler today.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Pokemon Go thread
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »
Got me a lapras, a pikachu, and a bulbasaur, all from eggs this morning. Fancy that.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:50:06 pm »
My phone is incompatible, so just so you know I hate you all.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »
Got me a lapras, a pikachu, and a bulbasaur, all from eggs this morning. Fancy that.

Once they enable trading I'd totally trade you for the Lapras.  Then again the best thing I have is a Kingler, so maybe not.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 10:54:14 pm »

I'm so sorry for you.  Hurry, get a new phone so you won't be a social outcast.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »

Once they enable trading I'd totally trade you for the Lapras.  Then again the best thing I have is a Kingler, so maybe not.

Naw, I'm digging lapras.

Right now, my collection includes: Lapras named Nessy (984 Combat Power), Pidgeot named BirdySanders (672), a Jolteon named Zeus* (564), a gloom (350 CP), Haunter (330), Clefairy (313, 181, and 160), Bulbasaur (254), Nidoran M (200), Growlithe named "Hades" (173), Psyduck (154), Staryu (141), Pikachu named "Gyeonghwa" (113), a weedle** (99 CP), a pinsir (87), and an abra (23).

I have dozens others, but those are the ones I think are coolest. Right now, I'm catch a lot of duplicates to farm candy so I can use a lucky egg and evolve them all at once for mad EXP.**

*I plan to name Vaporeon "Poseidon" and Flareon "Ares"
**Most weedle I find range 25-60. I'm have the candy to evolve this into a Beedril, and am so eager to do so. I'll name it "Your Mom" because "It Beedril'n your mom."

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 11:23:43 pm »

Naw, I'm digging lapras.

Right now, my collection includes: Lapras named Nessy (984 Combat Power), Pidgeot named BirdySanders (672), a Jolteon named Zeus* (564), a gloom (350 CP), Haunter (330), Clefairy (313, 181, and 160), Bulbasaur (254), Nidoran M (200), Growlithe named "Hades" (173), Psyduck (154), Staryu (141), Pikachu named "Gyeonghwa" (113), a weedle** (99 CP), a pinsir (87), and an abra (23).

I have dozens others, but those are the ones I think are coolest. Right now, I'm catch a lot of duplicates to farm candy so I can use a lucky egg and evolve them all at once for mad EXP.**

*I plan to name Vaporeon "Poseidon" and Flareon "Ares"
**Most weedle I find range 25-60. I'm have the candy to evolve this into a Beedril, and am so eager to do so. I'll name it "Your Mom" because "It Beedril'n your mom."

Those are some awesome names.  I saw a bunch of awesome stuff walking around Savannah GA earlier but for some reason it seems completely dry now.  It constantly tells me I'm having GPS issues or something?  I dunno.  I think I'm going to go walk to the river again and see if my luck isn't as good as yours.  So far the strongest Pokemon I've even seen if my own 91 cp Oddish.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 11:40:00 pm »

I'm so sorry for you.  Hurry, get a new phone so you won't be a social outcast.
......well, if I wasn't depressed before.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 12:53:45 am »
The game hasn't been released in Finland yet. ...Some people I know are already playing it, but I don't know how they managed to get it.

Still, it's not like it would work on my phone anyway. My wife might get a kick out of it since she used to be into Pokemon a lot.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 01:11:51 am »
The game hasn't been released in Finland yet. ...Some people I know are already playing it, but I don't know how they managed to get it.

Still, it's not like it would work on my phone anyway. My wife might get a kick out of it since she used to be into Pokemon a lot.

The jist of it to my understanding is

1. Go into an itunes app on your phone
2. Find your apple ID, and sign out.
3. Go back to the same screen, when asked to sign in, instead SIGN UP.
4. When you get to the location, register your location as New Zealand or Australia. Turns out that their country is so backwards, that they put certain restrictions on international currency and exchange. So, you won't even need to register a credit card because, those two countries cannot use credit cards internationally. They're like the only two countries dumb enough to continue to use pocket currency.
5. Finish creating the account.
6. Sign in with the new account
7. Go to the app store and download pokemon go

ETA: evolved all my pokes, because I accidentally tapped on a lucky egg while looking through my items (to discard some to stay below 350). So, Your Mom the Beedril came out very underwhelming (361). I evolved a zubat that is also underwhelming (354) but I like it cause I nick named it utarefsoN. Thought I'd evolve an Eevee into a Vaporeon, but I got another Jolteon, this one not as strong as Zeus. The other evolutions were mostly repeats or other underwhelming/common pokemon. Nevertheless, it pushed me from level 11 to level 13 (about 3000 EXP shy of level 14).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:18:12 am by The_Queen »

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 02:09:35 am »

The jist of it to my understanding is

1. Go into an itunes app on your phone
2. Find your apple ID, and sign out.
3. Go back to the same screen, when asked to sign in, instead SIGN UP.
4. When you get to the location, register your location as New Zealand or Australia. Turns out that their country is so backwards, that they put certain restrictions on international currency and exchange. So, you won't even need to register a credit card because, those two countries cannot use credit cards internationally. They're like the only two countries dumb enough to continue to use pocket currency.
5. Finish creating the account.
6. Sign in with the new account
7. Go to the app store and download pokemon go

ETA: evolved all my pokes, because I accidentally tapped on a lucky egg while looking through my items (to discard some to stay below 350). So, Your Mom the Beedril came out very underwhelming (361). I evolved a zubat that is also underwhelming (354) but I like it cause I nick named it utarefsoN. Thought I'd evolve an Eevee into a Vaporeon, but I got another Jolteon, this one not as strong as Zeus. The other evolutions were mostly repeats or other underwhelming/common pokemon. Nevertheless, it pushed me from level 11 to level 13 (about 3000 EXP shy of level 14).

My best Pokemon by far is a Gloom with a cp that I think breaks 300.  Think I could take a gym with it?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 04:34:58 am »
Bird Jesus the Pidgeot is the strongest I've got at 420. I bet my Ponyta will come out pretty good when it evolves, but I don't have the candies for it.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 04:42:46 am »
I feel like the only person on earth who has no interest in this game. I don't mind Pokemon if I'm in the mood for it, but I'd rather just play one of the games that are far more fleshed out and don't require me to move around.

That said, I did hear a story about someone finding a Koffing in a holocaust museum. That made me giggle, if nothing else.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 04:46:20 am »
It looks like fun, but not if I'm required to go outside. 

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 10:27:29 am »
So, yesterday I did this, during which I found: A tauros (named Mainos), a slowpoke, a powerful Eevee (can't wait to evolve), and hatched a charmander. Pretty nice day overall.