Author Topic: Pedophile “Grooming” and the fundie mind  (Read 1692 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Pedophile “Grooming” and the fundie mind
« on: June 16, 2018, 11:47:52 pm »
I see this phrase more and more and more lately, always from the usual suspects (Amos Moses on Christian News Network and Lady Checkmate on her own Disqus channels) and I just need to ask where this idiocy springs from.  Usually you can easily pinpoint their sources, some crackpot right wing website, but this one is out of left, excuse me, right field.

What I see on Google about it is that a scumbag predator type will identify a child and target them, then befriend them, earn trust, and then do the crime.  But what I read from Amos and Checkers is that no, it’s tv shows and gay marriage that is to blame.

The crazy logic behind it I can worry about later.  What’s bugging me right now though is I cannot seem to locate the crackpot source they got this from.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Pedophile “Grooming” and the fundie mind
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 06:58:13 am »
Most likely PizzaGate - ever since then the right wing could not shut up about undercover pedophile rings.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:44 pm »
Most likely PizzaGate - ever since then the right wing could not shut up about undercover pedophile rings.

Correction: "undercover liberal pedophile rings"
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:30:34 pm »

These people have been complaining about queer people being pedophiles since forever.
Σא

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:49:22 pm »
Do you guys remember the time Mad Matt asked me (well, sneered, really), “Would you vote to legalize pedophilia if the ‘scientific consensus’ came to be that it wasn’t harmful to children?” What kind of a dumbass question is that??

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 09:21:15 pm »
Do you guys remember the time Mad Matt asked me (well, sneered, really), “Would you vote to legalize pedophilia if the ‘scientific consensus’ came to be that it wasn’t harmful to children?” What kind of a dumbass question is that??

It's so shocking, isn't it?  And just today Amos once again suggested that homosexuals were the ones pushing to have pedophilia legalized.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 01:11:03 am »
Its simple
gays = bad
pedophiles = bad
Roy Moore = good
therefore gay = pedophile