Community > Politics and Government

Child concentration camps are a billion dollar business in USA

(1/2) > >>

Askold:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/detaining-immigrant-children-is-now-a-billion-dollar-industry

You know, I honestly thought that private prison industry in USA was as bad as it could be...

--- Quote ---In May, the agency issued requests for bids for five projects that could total more than $500 million for beds, foster and therapeutic care, and “secure care,” which means employing guards. More contracts are expected to come up for bids in October.
--- End quote ---

Because obviously this is something that should be given to private sector...

USA: Why haven't you started a revolution yet?

Art Vandelay:
Drain the swamp, he said.

RavynousHunter:

--- Quote from: Askold on July 18, 2018, 06:35:59 am ---https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/detaining-immigrant-children-is-now-a-billion-dollar-industry

You know, I honestly thought that private prison industry in USA was as bad as it could be...

--- Quote ---In May, the agency issued requests for bids for five projects that could total more than $500 million for beds, foster and therapeutic care, and “secure care,” which means employing guards. More contracts are expected to come up for bids in October.
--- End quote ---

Because obviously this is something that should be given to private sector...

USA: Why haven't you started a revolution yet?

--- End quote ---

Because any revolution we'd start would be immediately destroyed by a little thing called the United States military.  A killing machine that can kill 24/7/365 without rest.

ironbite:
We've only got Democracy to get us through social change.

Ironbite-and thanks to Bernie Bros and a 20 year smear campaign, we might have set the world back 50 years.

niam2023:
...right back to 1941 and a very specific period of time in America and Germany.

We're taking the worst of both America and Germany for these camps. Keep in mind, I do assume killings are happening in these camps - hence why some people ended up unable to be found. They NEVER say outright that "oh, we're gassing x y or z". Its always just a place to put em.

Honestly at this point Trump, Pence, Coulter, and a lot of the GOP bigwigs should be dragged into the Hague for trials.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version