Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387558 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2460 on: July 30, 2018, 02:06:16 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/economic-efficiency-backlash-1.4762498

A take on why people are voting for economic inefficiency.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2461 on: July 30, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »
OH I'M SO GLAD YOU BROUGHT UP THE ECONOMY AGAIN AS TO WHY THE GOP IS GONNA NOT GET SWEPT!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/coke-boosts-prices-trump-tariffs_us_5b5e78c8e4b0b15aba9a1e85?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Ironbite-fuck off with that noise.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2462 on: July 30, 2018, 05:04:43 pm »
Yeah but how much is a can of coke going to go up? A dollar? 50 cents? two dollars? six tenths of a cent?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2463 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:17 pm »
So rather unsurprisingly, it appears that there was a meeting with Donald Trump before Little Donny, Cohen and Manafort met with russians at Trump Tower. The suggestion now is that that:

1. Collusion is not a crime;

2. Trump wasn't at the meeting (was aware of it beforehand though).
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/north-america/giuliani-just-obliterated-the-goal-posts-on-trump-russia-collusion-20180731-p4zuiy.html

Unfortunately none of this will matter until after Don finishes being President  (unless the GOP get fucked harder than an ex-cop on his first day in prison in the midterms) becuase the GOP have shown that provided they have Tax cuts there is no bar low enough for the demeaning of the US Executive that they are not willing to accommodate.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2464 on: July 30, 2018, 06:41:36 pm »
I'm really surprised they haven't jettisoned him by now after they got the Tax Scam.  You get everything else with President Pence minus the ongoing Russian thing. 

Ironbite-makes me wonder how many other politicians Putin owns and what he's got on the GOP as a whole.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2465 on: July 30, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »
I'm really surprised they haven't jettisoned him by now after they got the Tax Scam.  You get everything else with President Pence minus the ongoing Russian thing. 

Ironbite-makes me wonder how many other politicians Putin owns and what he's got on the GOP as a whole.

Part of the reason they haven't jettisoned him is because they're trying to cut taxes even more, by allowing people to take into account inflation when determining the original price of an asset they're selling. (Basically, if you buy stock for $100 and sell for $500, but inflation has made $100 then equal to $300 now, you would only realize a capital gain of $200 rather than $400.) This, of course, is basically only beneficial to the rich.

Apparently Bush Jr.'s administration considered doing this but they thought it would be illegal without enabling legislation from Congress.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2466 on: July 31, 2018, 08:40:44 am »
Watching Rudy Linguini burn Trump's defense down with his own incompetence and flips it makes me wonder if they are doing this intentionally...

Is it too crazy to think that at this point the most destruction that Putin can get out of Trump is to have him tear up the country as he is losing his presidency? Intentionally sabotage his defense and stir up his fanatical supporters into frenzy so that the country is in complete turmoil for years to come?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2467 on: July 31, 2018, 10:06:13 am »
So Trump tweeted: "Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn’t matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats)!"

Is he pretty much admitting that he colluded? It's like he's saying Sure I could have colluded but if I did it's not a crime, but look over here Hillary COLLUDED lock her up! Well it's a crime if she did it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2468 on: July 31, 2018, 10:17:38 am »
Guiliani is touting the same "collusion is not a crime" claim.

Which is intentionally beside the point. The reason they were colluding with Russia was to get help from a foreign power during elections and that is illegal.

So the whole "collusion isn't illegal" is like saying that driving a car isn't illegal when you are accused of running over someone with a car.

The real story is that this is the point where they can no longer deny that collusion happened and are forced to move the goalposts.

EDIT: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/spoke-gibberish-omarosa-reveals-trumps-mental-decline-obvious-not-denied/

Not surprised. For the record, Finland had a president who in his last days was as bad or worse off than Trump (I'm just glad that Twitter wasn't a thing back then because this was a guy who, before he lost his mind, penned actual physical letters to people so that he could call them "godddamn fuck ups.") and our government tried to cover it up as well while he was physically incapable of doing his job.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:24:28 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2469 on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:10 pm »
So at 99 percent of the vote reported, it looks like the Republicans are going to win Ohio's 12th district. By a mere .8%. This was a county that Trump won by 11% in 2016. Even though the democratic party lost, this is a crushing blow to the Republicans and a bad sign for them come November.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2470 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:41 pm »
It helps to keep in mind that yes this was a deeply red area...a deeply red area that they now won by merely .8%.

It does not say good things for the seats held in more contentious areas.

I am hoping here in California we can kick Dana Rohrabacher out.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2471 on: August 08, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »
Remember how there was no need for putting any protection on Mueller's investigation because Trump had shown no signs of wanting to stop it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/lindsey-graham-trump-brought-ending-russia-probe-about-20-times-n898501

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2472 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:49 pm »
It's been blindingly obvious that Trump wants to stop the Mueller investigation, it's just that Ryan and McConnell, despite saying it should be allowed to continue, have blocked all votes in the House and Senate respectively on motions or bills that would protect it.

Mueller's a seasoned prosecutor, though, and he's taken steps to protect his work by farming out parts of it to other teams not necessarily under Trump's control. (For instance, I think he's been working with the New York Attorney General on matters that can be tried under that state's criminal law.)

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2473 on: August 08, 2018, 03:46:25 pm »
Oh Trump really would love it if everyone stopped questioning every single thing he does.  He really would.  Because he's a would be dictator and needs that.  But that's not how being a President works and Trump is no president.  At all.

Ironbite-The GOP should've jettisoned him the second they got their tax cuts instead of seeing how far they could go.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2474 on: August 08, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »
The GOP is scared of Trump. He has an 85 percent approval rating in his party. They have to suck his dick to get elected.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t