Author Topic: Another Shooting. This Is Getting RIDICULOUS!  (Read 12182 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Another Shooting. This Is Getting RIDICULOUS!
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 11:30:57 am »
Ironchew, I do believe you're right in that Americans don't want to deal with the gun control issue. Colombine, VA Tech, that Amish school a few years ago, Sandy Hook, the theater shooting in Colorado, the Beltway snipers, the Chattanooga recruitment center, Ft. Hood, that DC Navy yard, and everything else I've forgotten about. And since then nothing substantial has changed.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 01:28:20 pm »
Ironchew, I do believe you're right in that Americans don't want to deal with the gun control issue. Colombine, VA Tech, that Amish school a few years ago, Sandy Hook, the theater shooting in Colorado, the Beltway snipers, the Chattanooga recruitment center, Ft. Hood, that DC Navy yard, and everything else I've forgotten about. And since then nothing substantial has changed.

It doesn't help that a bunch of shills flood the airwaves shortly after incidents like these saying, "Won't someone think of the arms industry profits Silly citizens. Now's not the time to talk about gun control. If everyone had a gun this wouldn't have happened."
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 01:03:31 am »
A lot of us Americans do want something done.

First, we got to get the Teahadis & NeoCon creeps out of our government!

THEN we can tackle the NRA.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 02:01:52 am »

With that plan you'll be waiting decades to get anything done, all the while totally indistinguishable from inaction.

The hundreds of thousands of victims of gun violence between now and then can't afford to wait that long.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 10:06:32 am »

2009-2011. Around '94. The 2 most recent times I can think of the Dems had control of the White House and both houses of Congress.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 10:14:51 am »

Lobbyists like the NRA are a huge part of why the US government is so far to the right in the first place.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:20 am »

2009-2011. Around '94. The 2 most recent times I can think of the Dems had control of the White House and both houses of Congress.
Except that the GOP was still able to decide what happens because enough of the Democrats disagree with the party line and side with the GOP. The Democrats are either hypocrites or simply spineless.

At least the GOP is better at avoiding infighting and keeping a firm stand against whatever the hell they don't want to happen.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2015, 10:49:45 am »
Both parties are so far to the right they're literally retarding any advancement in the American socioeconomic and political paradigm. Foxes, all, guarding the henhouse.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2015, 04:47:52 pm »
Lafayette resident posting.

Predictably, Jindal used it as a "Look at me! Vote for me!" opportunity. Apparently, all we need is more prayer.

Only two fatalities due to the police responding quickly (seems they weren't very far away) and they were equipped with first aid kits, a very recent addition to the police force.

I've gone to that theater quite a few times. Most recently was last month for my husband's birthday. We saw Jurassic World and looked at a fossil display the local museum had set up in the lobby. Great place to go, as long as you didn't eat the hot dogs.