Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1647988 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6630 on: November 29, 2018, 05:53:50 pm »
This is going here because I am not sure whether they are glorifying the end of the rule of law or skewering Trump voters:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6631 on: November 29, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »
This is going here because I am not sure whether they are glorifying the end of the rule of law or skewering Trump voters:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6632 on: November 29, 2018, 06:11:45 pm »
It's making the point that there are people out there who voted for Trump specifically in order to fill all the judicial vacancies left behind by the GOP obstruction of Obama's nominees, including, but far from limited to, the Supreme Court vacancy created by the death of Antonin Scalia.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #6633 on: November 30, 2018, 10:02:19 am »
Are they supposed to be a married couple? Are they in some kind of office? Why is the guy wearing a purple bicycle helmet? Why is the coffee cup sitting in a puddle of water and why has no one cleaned it up? Has this artist ever seen the inside of an apartment before? Why did he smudge grey on the back wall? why is the man about to sit down in what I assume is a dog food bowl? Are they saying that if they have kids now then by the time they're adults there just won't magically be a climate crisis anymore?

Why does the woman have a saucepan on her desk and why does she seem to have her phone plugged into the coffee maker?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6634 on: November 30, 2018, 02:20:34 pm »
Are they supposed to be a married couple? Are they in some kind of office? Why is the guy wearing a purple bicycle helmet? Why is the coffee cup sitting in a puddle of water and why has no one cleaned it up? Has this artist ever seen the inside of an apartment before? Why did he smudge grey on the back wall? why is the man about to sit down in what I assume is a dog food bowl? Are they saying that if they have kids now then by the time they're adults there just won't magically be a climate crisis anymore?

Why does the woman have a saucepan on her desk and why does she seem to have her phone plugged into the coffee maker?

Why is the telescope so tiny that you would have to lay on the floor to use it?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #6635 on: November 30, 2018, 02:44:10 pm »
Why is the telescope so tiny that you would have to lay on the floor to use it?

Perhaps it's intended to be used by the same person who would be comfortable using the world's smallest laptop that's on the woman's desk.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6636 on: December 09, 2018, 07:13:36 am »

I honestly thought the helmet was a beanie and the dude was some kinda hipster.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6637 on: January 05, 2019, 12:21:06 pm »

Alright, Garrison has gone as far as he can at making Trump look comically-sexy-buff. Either draw the man with a meter long cock or stop it now.

Other than that this has barely any labels and therefore is not peak-Garrison.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6638 on: January 06, 2019, 12:41:56 am »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #6639 on: January 06, 2019, 03:40:13 pm »

It's pretty sad that this guy can't even pay tribute to a dead celebrity without bringing his hangups into it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:42:09 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #6640 on: January 07, 2019, 05:00:18 pm »

I mean, we all know Mick Williams can't draw period, but this is horrible even for him.  Why is Chuck's face melting?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6641 on: January 07, 2019, 05:44:54 pm »
And why are his glasses so far down his nose?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6642 on: January 09, 2019, 10:33:10 am »
Sorry for the double post, but I had to put this here:

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6643 on: January 09, 2019, 11:08:56 am »
That looks edited. It doesn't even look like Garrison's art style.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6644 on: January 09, 2019, 02:03:34 pm »
That looks edited. It doesn't even look like Garrison's art style.

I guess you're not aware of the "Zyklon Ben" meme.

Long story short, trolls from /pol/ have been characterizing Ben Garrison as a Nazi sympathizer for years. Something he's not too happy about:

Almost makes me feel bad for the guy.