Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827473 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #465 on: April 24, 2012, 04:32:32 am »
I got the same problem. I finally get it to start up and it turns out that the frame rate is terrible when I actually play it. I really hope it's a Window 7 thing that can be easily fixed, as it worked fine on my old 2005 desktop PC and I'm pretty sure my current laptop is at least slightly better.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #466 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:35 am »
Technically this happened last night, but I was tired and wanted to get some extra sleep before today, but I found out that Nightwish and Kamelot are doing a US tour together, and the tickets are way cheaper than I was expecting! Gonna be buying my tickets for their San Diego show (Oct. 6) as soon as I have money.

Which leads to the reason for wanting extra sleep, I've got a job interview with Universal Studios today! It's just a seasonal gig, but I'll take it!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #467 on: April 24, 2012, 11:14:34 am »
Got my start date for Air Wisconsin.

Ironbite-oh happy day!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »
One of my favorite card games that got cancelled years ago is getting revamped and rereleased!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2012, 03:55:26 pm »
My Spanish project is fucking DONE, including the presentation. Even better, we had to label who wrote what within our 20-page paper, so the professor can see that I did the majority of the work for my lame-ass group members.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:39 am »
I did my talk on neurotoxicology today and I did really well in it, despite the fact that I didnt prepare for it at all and I just prattled away from memory
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2012, 06:12:40 am »
Wow, the most recent episode of South Park was actually really funny. It seems there's still maybe one more good season in that show.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2012, 05:56:36 pm »
Not really a 'just today' thing, but I've been finding tons of awesome music through Bandcamp lately. And not just, 'hey this is kinda cool', but 'holy fuck these guys are amazing how are they not famous!?' It's so nice to hear such talented musicians.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #473 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »
Technically this happened last night, but I was tired and wanted to get some extra sleep before today, but I found out that Nightwish and Kamelot are doing a US tour together, and the tickets are way cheaper than I was expecting! Gonna be buying my tickets for their San Diego show (Oct. 6) as soon as I have money.

Which leads to the reason for wanting extra sleep, I've got a job interview with Universal Studios today! It's just a seasonal gig, but I'll take it!

omgomgomg
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #474 on: April 26, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »
^ That's what I was thinking.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2012, 09:01:24 am »
Random stupidity on the internet just made my day. There was this argument about homosexuality and is it "normal" or not. (Not again, I thought. ) It was just something that came up in a derail and I was skipping through it and planning to ignore the whole fiasco when this one argument came up:

Others had already commented that homosexuality happens in animals and they were having the usual flame-war over that when one guy comes in and says "How does two of any other sort of animal exgage in 'homosexual activity'? (here is a hint, non-homosapiens cannot by definition)."

...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

(I think he was confusing ancient greek and latin meanings of the word homo.) (One means "human" the other means "same")

This is just such a brand new way of making a stupid argument (Or possibly trying to redefine homosexuality) that it made me burst into laughter. And the rest of his argument was equally full of trying-to-sound-smart-but-not-actually-understanding-the-words-he-wrote. (That's my thing!) Even better if we take his argument to its logical conclusion: Homosexuality is now defined as human-sexual behavior. Therefore everyone is gay! (Well, except the zoophiles. And the asexuals.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2012, 11:23:38 pm »
Mark Martin got his second Pole of the season (meaning he's first/inside the starting grid).  GO EPIC SWAG!  Rock and roll at Richmond!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2012, 12:22:50 am »
Something that made me titter like an immature child...I found a package of condoms behind some deodorant when I was doing stock rotation today.  A pack of Trojans...non-lubricated Trojans.  Someone was considering purchasing non-lubricated condoms.

Wut?

Oh, and a little old lady happened to be walking by as I placed the errant container of prophylactics in its proper place.  The look on her face was priceless.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »
I don't think I'll hate my job. There is a lot of memorizing, but other than that it's not too bad. My coworkers are all pretty cool.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »
I got my order from ThinkGeek. Hello, The Master's fob watch and 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver. <3

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!