Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827409 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:36 am »
I have been dropping my resume my temp agencies in hopes of finding something to tide me over until my Bar results come in. Wednesday I got a call from one of them, asking me to come in for an interview yesterday. I got there and they told me they have a job starting Monday and running for at least a month, maybe a little more.

So starting Monday, I will be back in the workforce for the first time in 3 years. Pay isn't a lot, but it will be enough to cover my expenses for the next month, as well as a little extra. (I need to call Social Services and see if this will end my eligibility for food stamps, which I just got approved for.)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #856 on: August 18, 2012, 10:16:14 am »
Mark Martin got his 4th pole of the season, and the 55th of his career.  He starts up front tomorrow at the Michigan Race.  Go Epic Swag!  Go 55 Team!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #857 on: August 20, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »
This actually happened several weeks ago, but I'll post it anyway.

"For a great number of reasons that I don’t want to go into, today was shaping up to be one of the worst days of my life. You know, the kind of day when you just want to lock yourself in your room, turn off your phone, and cry until there’s nothing left in you. One of those days, up until I got on the MAX.

Five stops from home, the train doors slid open and a little girl got on with her family. She couldn’t have been older than six, and was wearing a clearly homemade pink cape and huge pink sunglasses. She sat herself down and proudly informed me that she was a superhero. Figuring I may as well humor her, I asked how the heroics had been going. With a pout, she explained that she’d been looking all day and still hadn’t found any bad guys to fight. I pointed out that if she couldn’t find the bad guys, she could look for the good guys and help them. She agreed enthusiastically, and wrote it down in a little pink notebook with “HERO BOOK” written on the cover in glitter pen. I asked if I could get a picture of her, but she refused- she couldn’t risk anyone knowing her secret identity.

We kept talking for the rest of the ride, and she told me all about her superpowers and how her kitten sidekick was guarding her room at home. As the train rattled into my stop, I thanked her for her conversation and got up to leave. Without warning, she wrapped herself around my leg in a huge hug. I looked down at her in surprise, and she gave the biggest smile I’ve ever seen.

“Hey mister,” she said, “thanks for being one of the good guys.”

Little lady, you may never save the world, but you sure as heck saved my day."
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #858 on: August 20, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »
My band just got home from our first out-of-state gig, in Vegas of all places! It was exhausting, but incredibly fun, and the venue wants us to come back in December! I don't remember my privacy settings, but I put up some pics on my Facebook page. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll just link a few to the Member Pic Thread.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #859 on: August 20, 2012, 01:34:59 pm »
My band just got home from our first out-of-state gig, in Vegas of all places! It was exhausting, but incredibly fun, and the venue wants us to come back in December! I don't remember my privacy settings, but I put up some pics on my Facebook page. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll just link a few to the Member Pic Thread.

That's awesome! Your facebook thing doesn't work, though.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #860 on: August 20, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »
Works for me.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #861 on: August 20, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »
This actually happened several weeks ago, but I'll post it anyway.

"For a great number of reasons that I don’t want to go into, today was shaping up to be one of the worst days of my life. You know, the kind of day when you just want to lock yourself in your room, turn off your phone, and cry until there’s nothing left in you. One of those days, up until I got on the MAX.

Five stops from home, the train doors slid open and a little girl got on with her family. She couldn’t have been older than six, and was wearing a clearly homemade pink cape and huge pink sunglasses. She sat herself down and proudly informed me that she was a superhero. Figuring I may as well humor her, I asked how the heroics had been going. With a pout, she explained that she’d been looking all day and still hadn’t found any bad guys to fight. I pointed out that if she couldn’t find the bad guys, she could look for the good guys and help them. She agreed enthusiastically, and wrote it down in a little pink notebook with “HERO BOOK” written on the cover in glitter pen. I asked if I could get a picture of her, but she refused- she couldn’t risk anyone knowing her secret identity.

We kept talking for the rest of the ride, and she told me all about her superpowers and how her kitten sidekick was guarding her room at home. As the train rattled into my stop, I thanked her for her conversation and got up to leave. Without warning, she wrapped herself around my leg in a huge hug. I looked down at her in surprise, and she gave the biggest smile I’ve ever seen.

“Hey mister,” she said, “thanks for being one of the good guys.”

Little lady, you may never save the world, but you sure as heck saved my day."

That is just pure, unadulterated, grade-A awesome right there.  Good on both you and her. :)

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #862 on: August 20, 2012, 11:52:36 pm »

That's awesome! Your facebook thing doesn't work, though.
It works for me.  You probably have to be friends with him on Facebook to see it.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #863 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:21 am »
The girlfriend of one of my jugger teammates talked to me out of the blue today, she just wanted to say hi. Little things like that make me happy :D
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #864 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54:11 am »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #865 on: August 21, 2012, 03:25:38 pm »
I was given a large quantity of various good beers. I think my liver will hate me now.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #866 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:23 am »
I have turned the ripe age of 17 on this fine Thursday so yes that happened.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #867 on: August 23, 2012, 12:10:15 pm »
Happy birthday, dude!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #868 on: August 24, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »
^ Happy birthday (belated)

I just got done painting the garage door, and it's looking pretty spiffy. Needs a second coat tomorrow, but it looks way better than it did. I should have taken a before picture.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Deus ex Populo

• Bishop
    • My Tumblr, for what it's worth...
« Reply #869 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »
I just moved into my dorm at SBU. My roommates are pretty cool so far, and hopefully they'll stay that way.
"Scientific truth is beyond loyalty and disloyalty." - Hari Seldon, Foundation

"[A] blunderbuss or cannon is hardly likely to be used for a drive-by shooting."
- From Wikipedia