Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156134 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #705 on: May 28, 2018, 03:54:12 pm »
I just tried to make a few comments on Christian News Network, three comments in a row that got marked as "spam."  What the hell, is this their new way of banning people?

This has been happening on other sites as well. I think it may be changes at DISQUS as to how they process posts.

Also I now have to login every time I return to make a DISQUS comment.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #706 on: May 28, 2018, 04:46:54 pm »
Disqus needs to start worrying less about trolls and more about goofy-ass channel owners and moderators.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #707 on: May 28, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
OK, I guess I'm out of spam purgatory now.

And Guest verified again.....he'll tear me a new one for saying I got something from Wikipedia....but then he'll cite YOUTUBE videos as his evidence that "reparative therapy" works??  Does he really not see a problem with that???

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #708 on: May 28, 2018, 06:59:58 pm »
OK, I guess I'm out of spam purgatory now.

And Guest verified again.....he'll tear me a new one for saying I got something from Wikipedia....but then he'll cite YOUTUBE videos as his evidence that "reparative therapy" works??  Does he really not see a problem with that???

I think he does that on purpose, and then follows it with his cutesy smiley faces, because he's trolling and not even trying to hide it.

I mean, COUNT the smiley faces he's put at the end of his comments in this thread.  He always does it in a way that makes you want to punch him in the face.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:02:05 pm by BobRumba »

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #709 on: May 30, 2018, 06:51:48 pm »
To those seeing a grey filter on posts at Christian News Network,

Right click the page Once
Left click and select inspect element.

Wait a little.

Delete the line that gets highlighted and you can resume free speech"

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #710 on: May 30, 2018, 11:47:21 pm »
On the story of Abraham and Isaac
Amos Moses
Nope .... it is literal AND it is type and shadow ..... and the OT is only about ONE PERSON ..... Christ Jesus ..... and Christ said so ....... so if Christ is real ..... the what He said is REAL and literal ..... and it all occurred as God had it planned and to be written as God had it planned to be ............. as a prophecy of the Messiah ......

and for more exciting insights:
https://christiannews.net/2018/05/29/prosperity-preacher-asks-followers-for-donations-to-obtain-54m-jet-says-jesus-wouldnt-be-riding-a-donkey/

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #711 on: May 31, 2018, 08:32:17 am »
To those seeing a grey filter on posts at Christian News Network,

Right click the page Once
Left click and select inspect element.

Wait a little.

Delete the line that gets highlighted and you can resume free speech"

I got that myself for a little while.  Though, it was doing that on my laptop, but it was working just fine on my phone.

I kinda hope LadyInChrist and Guest and their ilk ran into that problem, and think the multi-headed Peewee monster who works for Facebook and is a paid gay activist is behind it.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #712 on: May 31, 2018, 08:42:14 am »
Amos Moses
Nope .... it is literal AND it is type and shadow

WTF is that even supposed to mean?  "Type and shadow"?  I guess he's saying it's literal and symbolic at the same time....but damn, why not just say that?  Sometimes I wonder if he understands himself.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #713 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:10 am »
Amos Moses
Nope .... it is literal AND it is type and shadow

WTF is that even supposed to mean?  "Type and shadow"?  I guess he's saying it's literal and symbolic at the same time....but damn, why not just say that?  Sometimes I wonder if he understands himself.

Always with the “nope” at the ready, that guy...

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #714 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:25 am »
Amos actually DEFENDED the Bible using exactly 3 as the value of pi.

well 3.14 IS practically 3 ..... SO WHAT ..... simple math of ROUNDING to the nearest integer ..... and it even GOT THAT RIGHT ..........

Also, rounding isn't really that much of be proud of....

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #715 on: June 01, 2018, 09:50:32 am »
Rounding to the nearest integer is some bullshit you do in 3rd grade to get rid of weird fractions.  Granted, pi is an irrational number for whom any number of decimals is an approximation of its true value, it doesn't change the fact that the more decimals you have, the more precise your approximation.  In math, as with many things in life, precision matters.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #716 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »
Rounding to the nearest integer is some bullshit you do in 3rd grade to get rid of weird fractions.  Granted, pi is an irrational number for whom any number of decimals is an approximation of its true value, it doesn't change the fact that the more decimals you have, the more precise your approximation.  In math, as with many things in life, precision matters.

Go ahead and try to build a circular structure 10 cubits across and 30 cubits in circumference (which is what it says in the Bible), and let's see how that "approximation" works.  If it had said 31 that would have been at least close.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #717 on: June 02, 2018, 04:08:48 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that Amos has adopted the word "narcissism", or rather ......NARCISSISM...... and is using it in practically every post, just as Lady Checkmate does with "alt-left"?

Also, he posted this tonight: "NOPE ... it means they are BOTH NARCISSISTS ......... using the other for NARCISSISTIC self gratification ...... and they do harm to themselves, to their "partner", to their families, and to society in general ..... they destroy societies ........"

Self gratification, narcissism....do you think maybe he's gotten homosexuality confused with MASTURBATION?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:20:36 pm by BobRumba »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #718 on: June 03, 2018, 08:16:12 am »
It's like he just learned that word and is trying to use it anywhere he can to show off.  And I'm still trying to figure out how "doing harm to themselves" is supposed to be "narcissism."

Also, that "myth" thing still pisses me off.  If you call something a "myth", then that means it doesn't exist.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #719 on: June 03, 2018, 10:32:35 am »
He is childish in his stubborn insistence something is a certain way, or word, but never ever explains himself.

He's having a full-on temper tantrum saying "narcissism" over and over.  It was pointed out to him that it would look just ridiculous to say "fire truck".