Author Topic: Gun fire at U.S. Capitol building  (Read 4372 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Gun fire at U.S. Capitol building
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/breaking/US-Capitol-Locked-Down-After-Reports-of-Shots-Fired-226338921.html

In one of the pictures of her vehicle, it looks like there is a child seat in the back. Also, I just watched a live stream on the local NBC station in DC, and they are quoting a police official as saying that the only shots fired were by police. The woman may not have been armed, but her driving was deadly.

Now, I am wondering if she was impaired and crashed the White House road barrier by accident, or just completely panic freaked when the police pulled their guns at the barrier ordering her to stop the car and freeze. In the video now being shown (it was made by a Spanish speaking tourist with a good mini camera), the cops are all on foot, surrounding her car, guns drawn and shouting, clearly just trying to get her to stop and hold there. She did not. She stomped on the gas, backed up and slewed around nearly hitting one of the cops, then sped off, then the cops fired about five rounds at the back of her car, then she turned around and came right back up the same street, and circled around a traffic island while being pursued by a patrol car, then continued at high speed up that street, several squad cars in pursuit.

EDIT - the video I saw was of what she did at the Capitol building entrance, not what she did earlier at the White House barrier. The video is from Alhurra TV, but it'll be everywhere any minute now. The DC NBC station report the child is eighteen months old.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:33:55 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/breaking/US-Capitol-Locked-Down-After-Reports-of-Shots-Fired-226338921.html

In one of the pictures of her vehicle, it looks like there is a child seat in the back. Also, I just watched a live stream on the local NBC station in DC, and they are quoting a police official as saying that the only shots fired were by police. The woman may not have been armed, but her driving was deadly.

Now, I am wondering if she was impaired and crashed the White House road barrier by accident, or just completely panic freaked when the police pulled their guns at the barrier ordering her to stop the car and freeze. In the video now being shown (it was made by a Spanish speaking tourist with a good mini camera), the cops are all on foot, surrounding her car, guns drawn and shouting, clearly just trying to get her to stop and hold there. She did not. She stomped on the gas, backed up and slewed around nearly hitting one of the cops, then sped off, then the cops fired about five rounds at the back of her car, then she turned around and came right back up the same street, and circled around a traffic island while being pursued by a patrol car, then continued at high speed up that street, several squad cars in pursuit.

That sounds reasonable.

I was thinking it might have been the wife of a "family values" congressman, and she found out that his late nights weren't just about the budget crisis. If you know what I mean.

If you don't, then I mean the dude was banging his secretary or some shit.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 05:43:14 pm »
The United States Capitol was placed on lockdown Thursday afternoon after a woman tried to ram a car into the White House gate, was chased by Secret Service and exchanged shots with police, sources said.

The suspect — who sources said had a child in the car — was shot and killed, and a shelter-in-place order was lifted at about 3 p.m. At least one Capitol Police officer was injured during the pursuit.

"This appears to be an isolated incident," said Capitol Police Chief Kim Dine. "Both scenes are under control."

THA FUCK?!
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:54 pm »
New reports says she's died in the hospital.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 07:02:32 pm »
That's a shame. Poor kid.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 08:59:39 pm »
Yep... The kid is the real tragedy here.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 01:07:43 am »
The baby is 18 months old and apparently unharmed. Thank God for that at least.

The latest version I read said that she hadn't fired any shots but the police and secret service used their weapons due to her trying to crash the car through the barricades.

No actual motive is certain but she had suffered head injury and lost her job some time ago.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:44 pm »
Now, that poor baby has lost a mommy.

However, what sort of mom would take her kid, a helpless little infant, on a rampage like that? It's nuts!

I hope those who knew her can fill in the blanks on this, since the mom is no longer alive to be questioned.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 09:31:55 pm »
And people don't think we need better mental healthcare coverage.

That's my reaction to this tragedy.  And I believe that it is a tragedy.

I also believe that when someone's trying to run you over with a car, shooting them is an acceptable reaction.  At least they didn't hit the child.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:28 am »
Well, it appears that she had severe mental illness and believed that she was being monitored by Obama.

http://gma.yahoo.com/capitol-suspect-miriam-carey-believed-obama-electronically-monitored-151136994--abc-news-topstories.html
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades