Author Topic: How about those trigger happy police officers?  (Read 10085 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How about those trigger happy police officers?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 12:06:57 am »
Sorry for the break there. Cop shot me a few times.

Only shot at you, I hope, not actually hit? If he hit you, I hope you recover.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 01:16:49 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxWzPVXSoc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxWzPVXSoc</a>

Poor woman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:34 am »
And now for the backlash: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Protests-in-Dallas-Over-Alton-Sterling-Death-385784431.html

Four police officers dead, several more injured as snipers opened fire on the police during a peaceful protest.

"Tonight it appears that two snipers shot ten police officers from elevated positions during the protest/rally. Three officers are deceased, two are in surgery and three are in critical condition. An intensive search for suspects is currently underway. No suspects are in custody at this time. We ask that any citizen with information regarding the shootings tonight call 214-671-3482. We will provide more information once it is available. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tonight."

...This is not going to make things better. And it's not like we know that those who got shot had done anything wrong to deserve it (much like many of the victims of police violence but that's not the point.)

So yeah, let's just make the divide between the police and the rest of the people wider and make them think that they are at war with the people of USA... Maybe the militarization of police will go up another notch...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 02:05:19 am »
Yeah... soon as i can, i think i'll gtfo. Shit's getting far too hairy for me.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 02:29:19 am »

Just drive north. (Unless you're in Detroit, then drive south.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 02:46:29 am »
Holy shit.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 03:10:39 am »
To be fair, it's not like Canada doesn't have issues with police brutality.  Maybe not as bad, but that's not a high bar.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 03:53:57 am »
Bet is either on BLM or whites putting the heat on BLM.

Either way shits gonna get fun.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 04:03:21 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-36743033?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Update: Five officers dead, six injured.

The police are negotiating and/or having a shootout with a suspect who claims to have explosives and threatens to use them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 04:20:40 am »
To be fair, it's not like Canada doesn't have issues with police brutality.  Maybe not as bad, but that's not a high bar.

I don't feel afraid when I see a police officer, nor would I feel afraid to call the police if I felt it necessary. That's a damn sight better than the US.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 04:25:15 am »
In comparison a comment from a Finn:

All this police brutality reminds me of a night some years back. I wake up to a commotion outside and see two men chasing a third guy to the nearby courtyard and start beating the living shit out of him.

So of course I call the cops. A couple of minutes later they arrive. The moment they see the car the muggers just drop what they're doing, politely greet the officers and walk to the back of the car with hands clearly in view. Cops quickly check for weapons and help them to the back of the van. Meanwhile the guy getting the beating quietly sneaks off.

The professionalism on all sides was pretty impressive.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 05:38:14 am »

Just drive north. (Unless you're in Detroit, then drive south.)

And therein lies the problem. Also, I wanna finish tech school first.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 09:07:10 am »
I wanna say that I called it, but that'd be just a little bit crass.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2016, 09:32:40 am »
I wanna say that I called it, but that'd be just a little bit crass.

Yup.

About as surprising as 9/11 was. The incident itself comes as a shock, that it happened, not in the least. Blowback is a bitch and about as predictable as the tides.