Author Topic: Jack Chick: Why Should I?  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Jack Chick: Why Should I?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:12 pm »
This is so ridiculous it's not even funny.  Seriously, the snake oil and mental manipulation is strong with this one.  Also, this guy is way too easily persuaded.

I see Chick has got his stereotypical eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Jews in there as well.

A mansion in heaven? And they accuse us atheists of being materialistic!

I like how there's a note that says  how if it doesn't say "mansions," you're using the wrong Bible.  I also like how this is supposedly foretold, but still somehow a surprise.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:02:25 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 09:08:10 pm »
I went to investigate and my browser refused to load the site.  Thanks, Internet Explorer!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »
I thought he usually used the same stock image of Jesus in quite a few of his comics, though I've not read many. Why could h e not copy/paste an image from the last time he said that shit?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:58 pm »
Sweet Luna, that's some Uncanny Valley there...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:15 pm »
There was someone on Youtube animating Chick tracts as a joke.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »
Damn it, Jack! If you’re gonna start in media res, at least include Fang on panel one! I mean, then at least I might continue reading a little longer ’cause Fang hilarious. But here, you just lure me in with that title, ”Why Should I?” and I am thinking “Why should I what?” But then you start out right after that bit of context. And now I am lost and completely uninterested. Because it looks like my primary interest in even putting up with your little scribble looks like it will go unheeded.

And then right away you start throwing around your traditional strawmen  with such reckless abandon that it dwarfs your mountain of previously discarded offerings on the Strawman Pyre of Faulty Logic, which, given your history, is saying a fucking lot!

So what do you get. A guy who used to find your stuff mildly entertaining. At least when paired with the dissections at Enter the Jabberwock. Now I can’t even get past panel freakin’ four.

I agree, he needs to do a Fang/antigrav cat fanservice comic.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »
That would be hilarious! I’d have to go out of my way to find a printed copy of that. (I sure as hell ain’t gonna pay him for it!)
-A Pen Name

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:29 pm »
On the note of Jack Chick...he's apparently getting his comics made into 3D animation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuWKat9jEM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuWKat9jEM</a>

It would be very hard to convince me that, to Jack Chick standards, that isn't professional.

Bonus points go to the ending, of course.

Oh man, I watched some of that guys other videos.  Dude is a SUPER fundie.  Has videos which include topics on how to put on the "armor of god", how non-christian men are evil, how succubi cause nocturnal emissions, etc.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:13 am »
On the note of Jack Chick...he's apparently getting his comics made into 3D animation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuWKat9jEM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuWKat9jEM</a>

It would be very hard to convince me that, to Jack Chick standards, that isn't professional.

Bonus points go to the ending, of course.

Oh man, I watched some of that guys other videos.  Dude is a SUPER fundie.  Has videos which include topics on how to put on the "armor of god", how non-christian men are evil, how succubi cause nocturnal emissions, etc.

So, by that guy's logic, I was given handjobs from Morrigan from Darkstalkers when I was a teen?  Dude, score. =D
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 02:06:56 pm »
Give me Morrigan, Felicia or Talbain...

... ... especially Talbain.  Yum <3
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 06:37:16 pm »
Jack's gone completely off his rocker here.

To quote EricTheBlue:

In order for Jack to be considered off his rocker, you're suggesting he was actually on it at one time.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:58 pm »
I know that Jack Chick had a stroke at some point, and after that the quality of his artwork markedly decreased, especially in his drawings of faces. It's possible that his brain damage has simply gotten worse, and he no longer feels confident drawing people. You'll notice looking through many of his newer released tracts that they are not drawn by him, but likely by the same comic-book artist who drew the "Crusaders" series.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:29 pm »
In order for Jack to be considered off his rocker, you're suggesting he was actually on it at one time.

Or that he ever had a rocker to begin with.
-A Pen Name

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 05:43:47 am »

Or that he even knew what a rocker was.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »

Or that he even knew what a rocker was.

Or that the thought of anything that could possibly even resemble what we would call a rocker even existed in his twisted perception of reality. I think the existence of a rocker to Chick would be like dividing by zero to us.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.