Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462008 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2012, 12:51:41 am »
I just finished Datura on the PS3...

I'm very confused, and I'm glad I have PlayStation Plus, so I got a discount, because otherwise I would've felt even more ripped off. [/firstworldproblems]

Also, Art, get a Magikarp, level it up until it becomes Gyardos, and annhilate everything in your path.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2012, 01:06:53 am »
I've already got a flying and water type, so Gyarados would be redundant.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2012, 01:38:15 am »
GYRADOS IS NEVER REDUNDANT!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2012, 03:34:27 am »
It is when you have both Charizard and Starmie on your team.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2012, 04:19:18 am »
Yeah it's generally not a good idea to have 3 pokes that can be killed by carpeting.

Bummer you're not playing the original red or blue.  One Venosaur could thrash Lance's entire team.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2012, 06:23:49 am »
It also seems that rock moves in gen III are all ass. Ah well, Rhyhorn is more of a defensive wall than a sweeper, so I suppose I can work around it. Not to mention, once it learns earthquake to go with drill horn it'll be more than adequate against anything that's not fighting or a special attacker.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2012, 08:54:23 am »
Speaking of Pokemon, just this afternoon while playing HeartGold I've managed to beat Blue and obtain my 16th badge. Now I'm preparing to face off against Red; any advice for my party?

Here is my party:
Typhlosion L77 - Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Solarbeam
Ho-Oh L72 - Sacred Fire, Fly, Earthquake, Recover
Mamoswine L73 - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Light Screen
Lapras L71 - Surf, Blizzard (utilizing Red's permanent Hail), Thunderbolt, Psychic
Dialga L83 (Hooray for 2 DS!) - Roar Of Time, Dragon Claw, Flash Cannon, Earthquake

The last slot is for my HM Slave Bibarel, unfortunately.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2012, 07:48:10 pm »
For anyone who's interested, Tropico 4 is on sale on Steam for $13.59 (normally, it's $39.99) until Monday evening. DLC is also on sale.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2012, 09:15:52 pm »
Speaking of Pokemon, just this afternoon while playing HeartGold I've managed to beat Blue and obtain my 16th badge. Now I'm preparing to face off against Red; any advice for my party?

Here is my party:
Typhlosion L77 - Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Solarbeam
Ho-Oh L72 - Sacred Fire, Fly, Earthquake, Recover
Mamoswine L73 - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Light Screen
Lapras L71 - Surf, Blizzard (utilizing Red's permanent Hail), Thunderbolt, Psychic
Dialga L83 (Hooray for 2 DS!) - Roar Of Time, Dragon Claw, Flash Cannon, Earthquake

The last slot is for my HM Slave Bibarel, unfortunately.

With all your levels in the 70's, you could probably wipe the floor with him using only Hoppips and Luvdiscs.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »
For anyone who's interested, Tropico 4 is on sale on Steam for $13.59 (normally, it's $39.99) until Monday evening. DLC is also on sale.

Are there any expansions out yet?  It feels wierd to see it sitting on the shelf alone, right next to Tropico 3: The Ultimate Pack.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2012, 12:16:28 am »
With all your levels in the 70's, you could probably wipe the floor with him using only Hoppips and Luvdiscs.

Well since Red has the absolute highest leveled 'mons in the series... (L88 Pikachu w/ Light Ball anyone?) I still think it's gonna be a long gorefest.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #401 on: May 13, 2012, 12:29:58 am »

Well since Red has the absolute highest leveled 'mons in the series... (L88 Pikachu w/ Light Ball anyone?) I still think it's gonna be a long gorefest.

Well, that's quite a jump. Usually even the Elite 4 are only leveled in the 50's and 60's.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #402 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:40 am »
Ok, in Arkham city Batman has these finisher moves that knock out his opponents, some of them are done on opponents that are lying on the ground. One particular finisher has him sit on the opponents waist and then punch him in the face.

Sometimes this does something weird. In one fight as Batman used this finisher the villain happened to be lying on the ground with his head closer to Batman so... Batman sits down on the poor criminals' face (BAT-Teabag!) and punches him in the dick, so hard that the guy loses conciousness...
When this happened the first time it just seemed like a glitch but the second time...

Other features in the game are: Slowmotion knockdown of the last villain in the room and "detective-mode" which highlits clues, structural weak-points AND SHOWS AN X-RAY IMAGE OF EVERY PERSON. So when we combine all these features with dick punching:

Batman squats on the face of the villain (who, if I may remind, is seen as an x-ray-image with his skeletal structure visible) and after pausing just long enough to let the poor guy realise what is about to happen, Batman proceeds to punch him in the groin in slow-motion.

See, this is why the villains fear him.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2012, 12:54:40 am »
What exactly is the difference between Tropico 3 and 4? They look like the exact same game.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2012, 03:30:46 am »

Are there any expansions out yet?  It feels wierd to see it sitting on the shelf alone, right next to Tropico 3: The Ultimate Pack.

I think Modern Times is an expansion. Incidentally, that too is on sale.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)