Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387297 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2235 on: May 02, 2018, 07:16:13 pm »
Bear in mind, the GOP's numbers are still abysmal - they're polling badly, we're polling great, and Trump's numbers have been hanging at around 41 or 40% consistently.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2237 on: May 08, 2018, 01:56:56 pm »
Why is Trump pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal? Everyone from generals, to members of congress to other countries that are partnered in the deal are saying it's a bad idea to pull out of it, but I can't see why Trump wants to pull out of it so badly other than the fact that Obama did it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2238 on: May 08, 2018, 02:03:56 pm »
Why is Trump pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal? Everyone from generals, to members of congress to other countries that are partnered in the deal are saying it's a bad idea to pull out of it, but I can't see why Trump wants to pull out of it so badly other than the fact that Obama did it.

That's exactly why he's pulling out of it. Obama did it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2239 on: May 08, 2018, 02:18:18 pm »
This fucking president is a nightmare how his approval ratings are so high is beyond me.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2240 on: May 08, 2018, 03:23:22 pm »
This fucking president is a nightmare how his approval ratings are so high is beyond me.

Because he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and his base wouldn't abandon him.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2241 on: May 08, 2018, 03:38:37 pm »
That's about all he's got going for him right now.  His base.  A base that couldn't get a Republican voted in Alabama.

Ironbite-granted Roy Moore was a cock sucking pedophile but he was a Republican.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2242 on: May 08, 2018, 04:48:11 pm »
That's about all he's got going for him right now.  His base.  A base that couldn't get a Republican voted in Alabama.

Ironbite-granted Roy Moore was a cock sucking pedophile but he was a Republican.

Luther Strange would almost certainly have beaten Doug Jones. Roy Moore was a special mix of awful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2243 on: May 15, 2018, 04:41:32 pm »
Anyone else surprised that the North Koreans are backing out of talks now due to South Korean and US military drills?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2244 on: May 15, 2018, 05:57:04 pm »
Who even thought those should be going on is my question.

Ironbite-oh right.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2245 on: May 15, 2018, 09:42:08 pm »
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/21/trump-vs-the-deep-state

Dear god, this is a read. Warning, very long article, but it basically goes into detail about how Trump and his administration is basically dismantling the whole government and replacing it all with people personally loyal to Trump. Lots of detail. The long and short of it is basically what we already know, that Trump is sidelining people who either disagreed with him or just don't agree with him enough and putting in their place people who are personally loyal to him and are willing to trumpet that loyalty, and how it's producing big problems. But it's still fascinating and a little shocking to actually read it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2246 on: May 16, 2018, 05:09:25 am »
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/21/trump-vs-the-deep-state

Dear god, this is a read. Warning, very long article, but it basically goes into detail about how Trump and his administration is basically dismantling the whole government and replacing it all with people personally loyal to Trump. Lots of detail. The long and short of it is basically what we already know, that Trump is sidelining people who either disagreed with him or just don't agree with him enough and putting in their place people who are personally loyal to him and are willing to trumpet that loyalty, and how it's producing big problems. But it's still fascinating and a little shocking to actually read it.

Bloody hell... :o

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2247 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:57 am »
Much as I hate to be the Godwin guy, it does remind me of what was said in my history class;

"the job of any German officer or politician in the Third Reich was to take facts and occurrences, and make them align with Hitler's perspective."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2248 on: May 16, 2018, 08:57:36 am »
And his supporters would accuse us of building an echo chambre.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2249 on: May 16, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=2&vote=00096
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=2&vote=00097

The Senate has exercised its authority under the Congressional Review Act to look to overturn the FCC's decision to end net neutrality.

The vote was 52-47... in favour of overturning the FCC decision.

Every Democratic and Independent Senator voted for the motion. Additionally, three Republican Senators voted for the motion, Sens. Collins (ME), Murkowski (AK), and Kennedy (LA). Sen. McCain (R-AZ) did not vote.

The motion now moves to the House. If it passes that chamber, it must be signed (or have no action taken on it) by Pres. Trump to overturn the FCC decision.