Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461933 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7005 on: July 31, 2017, 08:45:58 pm »
No one tell Ravy about TERA.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7006 on: August 01, 2017, 09:20:00 am »
Thankfully, I only have enough brain power for one MMO at a time.  Also, I think one of my predictions re GW2 might be coming true:

(click to show/hide)

[ETA]

I.  FUCKING.  CALLED IT!  I called that shit at fucking release, son!  Its time to remind Balthazar what we humans fucking did to that dickstain, Abaddon.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:05:35 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7007 on: August 05, 2017, 12:11:53 pm »
I decided to try a melee only playthrough of New Vegas. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Courier's Mile will be a somewhat interesting affair.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:21:56 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7008 on: August 05, 2017, 12:19:15 pm »
I started a Fallout 1 playthrough a while ago. Got through the Junktown quests the last ttime I played. It feels really easy compared to early parts of F2.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7009 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »
I decided to try a melee only playthrough of New Vegas. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Courier's Mile will be a somewhat interesting affair.

Oh gods you're gonna have fun being a beast.

Ironbite-I've seen LPs of that working.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7010 on: August 06, 2017, 06:07:37 am »

Oh gods you're gonna have fun being a beast.

Ironbite-I've seen LPs of that working.

I have to say, even early game it's a lot easier than I thought it would be. At level 5, I wiped out around 90% of the Powder Gangers with nothing but a tire iron and a cleaver. The only reason I let the other 10% live is because I didn't want to fuck up the quest where the NCR storms the prison by killing their leaders. No sense letting perfectly good XP go to waste, eh (or not, as it turns out you can't help the NCR retake the prison without first working for the Powder Gangers. Wonderful bit of quest design, that)?

It's absolutely crazy the limb damage you can do in Melee. Fight a small group of enemies, and ten minutes after they're long dead, you're still getting messages about crippled arms and heads.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:47:11 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7011 on: August 14, 2017, 11:56:50 am »
Guild Wars 2, the only MMO that lets you be an obsessive cat hoarder.  MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7012 on: August 14, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »
Trying out Saint's Row IV. I have to say, it has the one thing I've been craving in these crime sandbox games that we no longer call GTA clones because it's impolite. You can listen to music outside vehicles. No more will my jamming sessions be interrupted because I got out of a car. It only took, what, twelve years before anyone realised that that might be a good idea.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7013 on: August 14, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »
Trying out Saint's Row IV. I have to say, it has the one thing I've been craving in these crime sandbox games that we no longer call GTA clones because it's impolite. You can listen to music outside vehicles. No more will my jamming sessions be interrupted because I got out of a car. It only took, what, twelve years before anyone realised that that might be a good idea.

Funny thing is the last 2 GTA games gave your character/s a mobile phone.  Does Rockstar know that mobiles can play music files or have none of their staff bought a phone in over a decade?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7014 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:39 am »
Unlikely, as they also don't seem to realise that portable radios have been a thing since the 80s.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7015 on: August 15, 2017, 06:28:18 pm »
Unlikely, as they also don't seem to realise that portable radios have been a thing since the 80s.

But at least they never made a GTA game where your character walks around with a portable radio in his pocket that doesn't play music lol.  To give you a music playing device, like a phone, that doesn't play music in a game that's famous for it's in-universe soundtracks is just weird to me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7016 on: August 15, 2017, 10:42:36 pm »
But at least they never made a GTA game where your character walks around with a portable radio in his pocket that doesn't play music lol.
Come to think of it, I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure motorbikes don't tend to have radios.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7017 on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:58 pm »
Actually, I've seen it.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7018 on: August 15, 2017, 11:40:43 pm »
Sonic Mania is fun.  That is all.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7019 on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:41 pm »
Except for the boss in the Oil Ocean Zone. Fuck that thing.
Who needs a signature?