Author Topic: My predictions of the future  (Read 12766 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: My predictions of the future
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 08:51:26 pm »
No, it's why secular morality is needed, so that we have a rational, logical means of determining what is acceptable and unacceptable and why that is not just the hopelessly arbitrary standard of "My imaginary dictator said so and you have to do it too even though you don't share my delusions."

As for abortion, I already knew you denied the rights to bodily autonomy, self-determination, and withdrawal of consent and that you are willing to use force to make a woman undergo a dangerous procedure against her will.

But humans disgust to incest when humans evolve will require Christian morality, because with secular morality, there wouldn’t be a rational logical reason that incest is unacceptable, due to the birth control technology available.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 09:37:18 pm »
...and if there are no negative ramifications to incest, then why should it be illegal or immoral?

"Because it's gross" or "Because my imaginary dictator said so" are not answers.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 09:59:05 pm »
And if you go into the deep south, you still do find really freaking tangled family trees.
It's also the area with the largest infestation of Bible thumpers by far.

But by all means, tell us more about how only Christianity can prevent sister fucking.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 11:31:02 pm »
Um, if having anything but vanilla, married, heterosexual sex is "immoral..."

...then why are we supposed to be taking lessons on morality from a denim-humper, cousin luster and compulsive masturbator who clearly hopes society will be as forgiving of his cousin-lustin' ways as it is currently with homosexuality?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:21:37 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 07:34:06 am »
...and if there are no negative ramifications to incest, then why should it be illegal or immoral?

"Because it's gross" or "Because my imaginary dictator said so" are not answers.

Because society considers incest to be a heinous unspeakable act. You seriously think that incest between siblings and parents and offspring is morally fine?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 07:34:48 am »
And if you go into the deep south, you still do find really freaking tangled family trees.

But by all means, tell us more about how only Christianity can prevent sister fucking.

The incest in the South was between cousins not siblings.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 07:36:40 am »

...then why are we supposed to be taking lessons on morality from a denim-humper, cousin luster and compulsive masturbator who clearly hopes society will be as forgiving of his cousin-lustin' ways as it is currently with homosexuality?

As I said, I did not lust after my cousin, I was shocked and revolted seeing her in towels.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:11 am »

As I said, I did not lust after my cousin, I was shocked and revolted seeing her in towels.
Sweatily shocked.

Erotically revolted!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 08:05:40 am »

The incest in the South was between cousins not siblings.

Say no more. After all, we're all intimately familiar with your feelings on cousin incest.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 10:07:41 am »

Because society considers incest to be a heinous unspeakable act. You seriously think that incest between siblings and parents and offspring is morally fine?

That still doesn't say why it should be immoral or illegal. If its current immorality is because of how modern society views it, then in a society that does not view it the same way, it would not be immoral.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 11:16:59 am »

That still doesn't say why it should be immoral or illegal. If its current immorality is because of how modern society views it, then in a society that does not view it the same way, it would not be immoral.

Does it concern you that future society will have different morals from today? That is why we need Christian morality because it does not change with time.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »

Does it concern you that future society will have different morals from today? That is why we need Christian morality because it does not change with time.

Not really, because our society has different morals than past societies. That doesn't bother me, so the thought that a future society would have morals different from this one doesn't either. Slavery was once acceptable; it no longer is (even though your Bible sanctions it--even in the New Testament).

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 04:46:00 pm »
No, it's why secular morality is needed, so that we have a rational, logical means of determining what is acceptable and unacceptable and why that is not just the hopelessly arbitrary standard of "My imaginary dictator said so and you have to do it too even though you don't share my delusions."

As for abortion, I already knew you denied the rights to bodily autonomy, self-determination, and withdrawal of consent and that you are willing to use force to make a woman undergo a dangerous procedure against her will.

But humans disgust to incest when humans evolve will require Christian morality, because with secular morality, there wouldn’t be a rational logical reason that incest is unacceptable, due to the birth control technology available.

Uh yeah about that, incest was most accepted during times of high Christian morality. Just see the many centuries of rule by the Habsburg Dynasty. They even spread their "keeping the bloodline pure" nonsense throughout Europe, to the extent every Monarch waging war in World War 1 was related in a number of ways.

In fact, it was only going forward when the world became more secular and less dependent on monarchs who allegedly received their mandate from "heaven" that incest became more frowned upon.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 04:47:12 pm »

No it doesn't frighten me at all. Change is natural and should be tackled moment by moment, and I would have people totally cast off anything unchanging.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 04:54:10 pm »
Also "Christian morals don't change with time?" Let me answer with the mother of all belly laughs! One word, 'slavery.' Now tell me with a straight face that Christian attitudes to that have remained consistent since your precious Roman Empire.