Author Topic: Child (and nearby woman) killed during birthday party  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Child (and nearby woman) killed during birthday party
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:23 am »
A 5-year-old girl and a 33-year-old woman died from gunshot wounds Tuesday afternoon in a fusillade in Central City, New Orleans police said. A 10-year-old boy had graze wounds to the face and leg, a 20-year-old man was wounded in the wrist and a 24-year-old man was shot in the face, police said.

The 5-year-old Briana Allen, was shot as she stood on a porch tied with Happy Birthday balloons.

"It was my grandson's birthday party," said a woman, referring to the 10-year-old boy.

She said she was sitting on bricks across the street near the Guste high rise when "three dudes came from that direction," the intersection of Simon Bolivar Avenue and Clio Street.

Initially she thought the weapons in their hands were "play guns." She said the armed men were shooting at other people who ran to the birthday party area.

Police marked about 24 casings spread in front of an area on Simon Bolivar Avenue from  1212-1214 Simon Bolivar Avenue to Clio Street. Casings littered the asphalt street as well as the neutral ground.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/05/girl_7_woman_killed_in_central.html

I know this video is a couple of months old, but I still thought this was pretty tragic. I hope the people responsable for this were caught.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Re: Child (and nearby woman) killed during birthday party
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:08:23 am »
Oh, they're black and nobody's heard about this until now.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:30:55 am »
Shit like this needs to stop happening. Shit like this needs to stop being brush under the rug. Shit like this does not deserve to go on in silence.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:41:14 am »
Regardless of the race issues, does anyone know the reason for the shooting? It seems completely random.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:46:47 am »

Regardless of the race issues, does anyone know the reason for the shooting? It seems completely random.

She said the armed men were shooting at other people who ran to the birthday party area.

The article mentions other victims blocks away who had been hit by stray bullets. And apparently the shootings continued after the party at different locations, so this pretty much sounds like gangs taking hits on people, without caring that innocents get caught in the crossfire.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Distind

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:45:09 am »
She said the armed men were shooting at other people who ran to the birthday party area.

Here's the thing. A bunch of shit shots holding a running gun fight through a neighborhood.  What do you do about that?

Without video, or anything to go on odds are the pricks behind it will get away with it too.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:29 pm »
Oh, they're black and nobody's heard about this until now.

Yeah, somehow I think if the girl was white Nacy Grace wouldn't have shut up about this.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 04:47:47 pm »
And if it came out that her mom had shot her, Nancy would be getting a rope together to hang the lady.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »
Frighteningly, we just had two deaths and 23 wounded when some jackoffs started shooting up a block party on Monday night.  This city is getting less and less safe :/

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/07/17/shyanne-charles-joshua-yasay-danzig-shooting-_n_1678359.html
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 12:46:56 pm »
From the video, correct me if I'm wrong, the shooters looked black...by the laws of racism, isn't this supposed to be put face first into the media circus to demonize black kids in neighborhoods?

Honestly, I think shouting "racism" because this didn't make headline news is a bit stupid when there's tons of other violence of all colors that don't make it too.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 12:53:24 pm »
Except, violence against black people are consistently ignored by headlines, and there is evidence of that. It isn't some isolated incident.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)