Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1591646 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5730 on: May 28, 2017, 06:02:27 pm »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5731 on: May 30, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
(large image)

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5732 on: June 02, 2017, 11:34:11 am »
HURRR DURRR BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD:

https://thenib.com/radical-centrism-101 (Link because I still don't know how to refit images.)

No joke, in Finland there are Neo-Nazis on the street harassing people and some politicians still complain about the "other extreme." When asked to define what the "other extreme" is they usually come up with some sort of vague reference to people who want to hug everyone and don't want to hurt anyone.

...Because that is obviously just as bad as people who have repeatedly committed arson, physical assaults, harassment and killed at least one person.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5733 on: June 03, 2017, 02:38:08 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5734 on: June 03, 2017, 03:38:00 am »
To be followed up by his next book, The Art of the Covfefe.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5735 on: June 03, 2017, 07:41:12 am »

HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST POINT ANYONE HAS EVER MADE. FOR SERIOUS.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5736 on: June 14, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5737 on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:37:00 am by dpareja »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5738 on: June 28, 2017, 09:01:05 pm »
God that's just it ain't it?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5739 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:01 pm »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5740 on: July 08, 2017, 08:14:54 am »
Only kinda political, but still a good cartoon:

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5741 on: July 14, 2017, 09:33:59 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5742 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:01 am »
I have seen too many Garrison comics with buff Trump so here's something completely different:

Note that the situation is a bit more complicated. A more apt comparison might have been if the GOP started to hit itself by accident while trying to fight the ACA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5743 on: July 23, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »
I have seen too many Garrison comics with buff Trump so here's something completely different:

Note that the situation is a bit more complicated. A more apt comparison might have been if the GOP started to hit itself by accident while trying to fight the ACA.

I have no sympathy for the GOP. First, they had more than 7 years to put together a viable alternative to the ACA, and came up with tax-cuts to the rich and preventing lottery winners from going on Medicaid. That is the best they got, after 7 years, over 60 repeal votes, and endless whining?

It also goes a bit to Obama's intelligence. The ACA actually saves the country money because while it expands Medicaid and Medicare, it pays for them with taxes that disproportionately hit the top 1%. Thus, any attempt by the GOP to repeal the ACA will inherently run the risk of being a massive tax-cut to the rich, which is a criticism that the GOP has not been able to shake off over the last 20 years. I miss Barack.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5744 on: July 23, 2017, 03:55:54 pm »
The GOP had no alternative after the Dems retreated from their historical position of single-payer and couldn't even compromise on a public option (apparently Lieberman was the 41st vote against that). The ACA was the GOP plan (Nixon proposed it, the Heritage Foundation wrote policy papers on it, Dole ran on it, Gingrich and Grassley supported it, Romney implemented it in Massachusetts...) and once that was the best the Dems could do, the GOP was left with nothing other than "Obamacare bad!"