Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1591569 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5925 on: September 07, 2018, 10:41:48 pm »
Hilary is someone's cat confirmed.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5926 on: September 16, 2018, 08:53:22 pm »

Bonus, Classic Garrison when he was still concerned by Fascists rather than supporting them:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:17:07 am by davedan »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5927 on: September 19, 2018, 06:24:49 pm »
Not sure if political but cute:

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5928 on: September 24, 2018, 11:36:59 pm »
Garrison, this time with Commie-muslim King oBama:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5929 on: September 24, 2018, 11:40:09 pm »
Holy geez does Garrison have that backward.

Trump apparently wants the documents released unredacted, which would reveal certain US intelligence assets and sources in places like... Russia. Damn he's dumb.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5930 on: September 25, 2018, 01:38:23 am »
Garrison is always pretty impressive with how wrong-headed his views are.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5931 on: September 30, 2018, 06:51:30 pm »

Bruce MacKinnon, Halifax's Chronicle Herald
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5932 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:05 pm »
That is a hell of a cartoon. Here's the conservative counterpoint with Ramirez:

The problem with which is that Kavanaugh is going for a job interview not being charged with a criminal offence. Although Ramirez is right in that the Republicans want to avoid due process and just appoint him already but I suspect that's not what Ramirez is getting at.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:44:50 pm by davedan »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5933 on: October 02, 2018, 11:47:51 pm »
Which demonstrates how he missed the point of all of the criticism of Kavanaugh.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5934 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:07 am »
Seeing as it can already be proven that Kavanough lied on several bits of his statement (under oath) wouldn't it make sense to dump him and get another candidate?

Nah, they'll just ram him through anyway.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5935 on: October 03, 2018, 11:58:23 am »
I came across these twitter comments today in response to Mackinnon cartoon above. I hate how fucking hyper sensitive people are these days that they would view a comic that depicts the GOP attacking women as a man attacking women themselves, and that men are not allowed to depict this view point as only a woman who has gone through this experience should. Do you want men to side with you or do you want to create more of this environment you hate? That's the point of the cartoon it's supposed to be shocking and piss you off about the GOP, way to fucking miss the point for your own self victimization. I hate SJWs.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:00:59 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5936 on: October 03, 2018, 09:06:08 pm »
If these women are survivors themselves and not just reacting on what they assume will trigger a survivor and/or throwing the term "getting triggered" around without understanding its seriousness their anger is understandable. Getting triggered means you are reliving the traumatic experience as if it was happening again and if such a situation comes unexpectedly it can literally retraumatize you. If someone tries to speak for you but causes you more pain because they don't understand your situation properly you are going to be pissed off.

I am personally not able to make the judgment whether the image is graphic enough to be a commonly triggering factor or not. I didn't even consider that possibility before reading that but I'm not going to dismiss their perspective outright. If you are being intentionally shocking with an issue that is known to be traumatic for the people you are trying to help it's your responsibility to be sure you understand their perspective. Having a cartoon that is shocking enough to trigger survivors next to an article about sexual assault would be fine since that's a place where you can reasonably expect to find triggering content but having it somewhere where people just encounter it without being able to avoid or prepare for it is irresponsible. The survivors' perspectives are already dismissed by the rape apologists so if you are defending them you should avoid making the same mistake.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5937 on: October 05, 2018, 05:34:54 pm »
I came across these twitter comments today in response to Mackinnon cartoon above. I hate how fucking hyper sensitive people are these days that they would view a comic that depicts the GOP attacking women as a man attacking women themselves, and that men are not allowed to depict this view point as only a woman who has gone through this experience should. Do you want men to side with you or do you want to create more of this environment you hate? That's the point of the cartoon it's supposed to be shocking and piss you off about the GOP, way to fucking miss the point for your own self victimization. I hate SJWs.

...depictions of sexual assault can in fact be triggering to people who have been sexually assaulted. 'It's supposed to be shocking' doesn't actually excuse anything.
Σא

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5938 on: October 05, 2018, 06:57:18 pm »
Personally don't get the rage at other people raging about how a particular doodle is triggering for them. That's the way they feel about it, they're expressing an opinion about it. The fact that they are using language normally associated with "SJWs" like "triggering" is neither here nor there. Don't agree with their opinion, no worries. Getting pissed at them for having the opinion off the bat seems a bit silly.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5939 on: October 05, 2018, 09:11:24 pm »
I have no doubt the image is triggering to some people and that's not what I'm "raging" about. I'm more annoyed with the second comment and the double standards that I'm noticing. How she specifically said Male artists instead of artists themselves as if she would be totally OK with the artwork if it was drawn by a woman. I don't know if she would, but that's how it's coming across.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t