Author Topic: Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.  (Read 15663 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-star-suspended-anti-gay-comments-004857988.html

A+E Networks said that Phil Robertson has been put on an indefinite hiatus from his hit reality series for anti-gay remarks he made in the January issue of GQ magazine, which became available today.  This comes as Season 5 of the series is set to debut January 15. We’re hearing that the show isn’t shooting right now, and there are episodes in the can that Robertson will be in. But he will not be a part of the production when filming resumes. “We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty”, the network group said in a statement just now. ”His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

In today’s GQ article profiling the family behind the reality hit, Robertson — who in the story described his family as “Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television” — sounded off on among other things homosexuality, calling it a sin. “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” Later, when asked what is sinful, he replied: “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Yep, I just got compared to someone who fucks animals.  And not even because I'm a furry.

The comments quickly drew the ire of gay-rights groups like GLAAD. ”Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil’s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe,” said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz.

...How about no.

And of course, Sarah Palin jumped at the opportunity to defend him.

Duck Dynasty fan Sarah Palin has taken to social media to voice her support for Phil Robertson, saying that his suspension is an attack on free speech. “Free speech is an endangered species,” she wrote on Facebook. “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.” And Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal also added his voice.

Okay, here's the thing.

A&E is a private organization.  That means they have the right to censor whoever and whatever they want on their channel, because it's their channel.

And with that, I must say that I'm happy about this because I AM SICK TO FUCKING DEATH OF DUCK DYNASTY SHIT BEING PLASTERED EVERYWHERE I GO!

It's like Biebermania meets Twilight, except it targets all genders and ages!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Yeah, I'm getting posts on my FB, defending him and his "1st amendment rights."  I mentioned A&E had the right to suspend him just like a counter clerk in a store's boss has the right to fire said clerk for cursing out a customer. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
I'll admit, I don't set high political-correctness standards for people that remind me of Larry the cable guy.

Hell, it might have been in character, who knows.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
From the same interview:
    All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups.

I'm sure the Nazis and Muslims would be really surprised to find out that they didn't have Jesus. Most Nazis were Christian and used Christianity to appeal to the masses, and Muslims see Jesus as a prophet and even believe in his second coming.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
One moron on facebook shared an article titled "Phil Robertson suspended for agreeing with bible."
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Yeah this isn't a first amendment rights issue.  It's an issue of an employer punishing an employee for displaying an image the company doesn't want to be portrayed as.

Ironbite-though now watch all the Duck Dynasty stuff fly off the shelves just in time for Christmas.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
And with that, I must say that I'm happy about this because I AM SICK TO FUCKING DEATH OF DUCK DYNASTY SHIT BEING PLASTERED EVERYWHERE I GO!

It's like Biebermania meets Twilight, except it targets all genders and ages!

Thank you, and thank you very much. I too have been so sick to death with this crap.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
A&E really should have seen this coming, those Duck Dynasty guys don't exactly seem like paragons of LGBT rights.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
A&E really should have seen this coming, those Duck Dynasty guys don't exactly seem like paragons of LGBT rights.

I think that as long as it was unspoken, A&E was alright with it, but the moment it became blatant they had to.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
I hope this trend of UnReality TV Hillbilly-fests plays itself out soon!

They seem to go in these weird trends until they play out.....gazillions of offspring, nasty bimbos being nasty, stupid dating contests, etc. The latest seems to be "Weird Backwoods People".

I'm not insulting rural people, mind you, I'm just saying you have all these shows showing the most stereotypical.

I think the Duck dorks may have topped themselves, now......
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/phil-robertson-black-people_n_4473474.html
....I figure since they know their time has passed, they have nothing to lose! There's just gonna let the hateful stupid just aaaaalllllll haaaaaang ouuuuut!

I wish that cable stations would just stick their their intended subject matters! What's the point of having all these specialized channels if you can't stick to the subject matter?

IT SHOULD BE:

The Learning Channel - Learning & Education
The Discovery Channel - Science
The History Channel - History
MTV & VH1 - Music & Music Videos

...and so on....STICK WITH YOUR STINKIN' PRE-PLANNED NICHE! If you're so obsessed with ratings, make your shows more interesting, rather than distorting, dumbing down or rejecting the subject, altogether!

They say, "But it's what the people want!". No, it's what a few Nielsen families want & the corporate grand poobahs apparently hand-pick dopey families with crappy, dumbed-down tastes! They want a dumbed-down America!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
... sure explains Sy Fy and the thirty-eight ghost-related shows they have.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

From the same interview:
    All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups.

I'm sure the Nazis and Muslims would be really surprised to find out that they didn't have Jesus. Most Nazis were Christian and used Christianity to appeal to the masses, and Muslims see Jesus as a prophet and even believe in his second coming.

Not to mention, Japan has historically had a pretty decent Christian following ever since first contact with Europeans (the Portuguese in particular). In fact, one of the biggest reasons why Japan went ultra-isolationist during the Tokugawa period was to keep Christianity and with it European influence in check.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
I got these responses to my FB post:

But it's would be different if he said something on A&E on duck dynasty but it wasn't it was in an interview.

It's like society is ok with everyone having their own opinion, as long as it's the same as theirs. "Oh, be yourself!......you're doing it wrong. That's offensive." Its just an opinion.

Not to mention a LOTR picture that said, "One does not simply mess with Duck Dynasty."  Really?  Coming from a family that thinks Dungeons and Dragons is Satanic, but you're willing to use a LOTR post to push your stupid views.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
But TOLKIEN was a CHRISTIAN!  Completely different!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
I'm not surprised a man who lives in the deep south and makes duck calls for a living isn't reasonable.