Author Topic: Grover Norquist threatens Obama with Impeachment  (Read 5955 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Grover Norquist threatens Obama with Impeachment
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:36 am »
Though liberals are scoffing, that's the threat from Grover Norquist, the anti-tax activist who has essentially been setting the GOP's tax policy

Grover Norquist, the head of Americans for Tax Reform, raised plenty of eyebrows on Saturday with an interview he gave to National Journal, in which he said that if President Obama is foolish enough to let all the "Bush tax cuts" expire at the end of the year, "Republicans will have enough votes in the Senate in 2014 to impeach." The anti-tax activist holds a lot of sway over the GOP, with almost all House Republicans and every GOP presidential candidate signing his no-tax pledge, but impeachment is reserved for "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors," notes Tanya Somanader in Think Progress. So "suggesting Republicans impeach the president over tax cuts is wildly outlandish." Right?

There's no way the GOP's that crazy: Norquist is just plain "nuts," says Nicole Belle in Crooks and Liars. And even with "idiots and clowns" running the Grand Old Party these days, "there's no way that the Republicans will go down this route." Impeaching over tax policy stretches the Constitution to the breaking point, and won't win any favors with voters, either. "You may think you rule Washington," Grover, but this idea is "just delusional."

source - http://news.yahoo.com/could-gop-impeach-obama-ending-bush-tax-cuts-134500609.html

Can we officially call in the "men in white" with those jackets that let you hug yourself on this guy yet?  I mean I know the right wing has their nuts (see Palin) but this is I think even more nuttier than even Palin's rantings.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Grover Norquist threatens Obama with Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:24:04 am »
It seems like the people quickest to scream for impeachment usually have an IQ under 50.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:15 am »
So changing the tax code is a High Crime, now?

I was under the impression that Congress had more sway over the tax code to begin with.
-A Pen Name

QueenofHearts

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:13 am »
Norquist has a lot of clout with in the GOP, but no where near enough for impeachment. First, the House would never go for it. If the impeachment fails, they look like assholes and it could hurt their re-election chances come 2014/2016. Second, the House would remember what happened last time they brought impeachment charges against the President; they failed and Clinton's approval rating went up considerably. Third, Congress looks at polls, and they know that the majority of Americans want the Bush tax cuts repealed, so they would avoid such a politically risky fight. Finally, even if all the prior swing Norquist's way, he could never get 67 Senators to agree to impeachment, let alone anything  >:(.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:05:56 pm »
Blowing smoke and fucking around, as usual. Can we teach these old dogs a few new tricks already?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »
"You don't agree with how I want things done!?  TREASON!" /tyrant
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 02:29:44 pm »
SIC SIMPLETON TYRANNIS
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
SIC SIMPLETON TYRANNIS

Sigg'd for that!

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:32:43 pm »
On what grounds would this guy call the impeachment for?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:46:07 pm »

On the grounds of Obama being a doo-doo head who did something the GOP didn't like, and for being a brown person with a weird brown people name.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:02:13 pm »

Because Grover is a greedy prick who doesn't want to pay his fair share in taxes.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »
How the fuck is letting a scheduled tax change happen treason, high crime, or a misdemeanor? Fucking hell, Norquist is disgusting.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 05:06:21 pm »
How the fuck is letting a scheduled tax change happen treason, high crime, or a misdemeanor? Fucking hell, Norquist is disgusting.

Apparently it's a high crime to ask him to pay fairer taxes. ::) I mean if you listen to this people, they make even a 2% increase sound like bloody murder.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »

On the grounds of Obama being a doo-doo head who did something the GOP didn't like, and for being a brown person with a weird brown people name.

Liberals, after all, are the real poo-poo heads.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »
Wow that's some straight up ego right there.  Call for impeachment over a tax cut?  Boy you need to read up on what constitutes actual impeachment charges.  And it ain't a blowjob in the Oval Office either.  It was the perjury that got Clinton snagged.

Ironbite-far as we know..OBama ain't done nothin'/southern gentlemen.