Author Topic: Largest gay mass murder in U.S. History 40 years later.  (Read 7742 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Largest gay mass murder in U.S. History 40 years later.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »
I read the wiki. The alleged arsonist was a known hustler (male prostitute) with serious mental illness who was reportedly kicked out of the bar earlier in the day, got all crazy mad, and doused the stairwell with lighter fluid, lit it up. He was seen all over the place for  year, and cops never seemed to make an effort to catch him.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:40 pm »
Unfortunately, he was conscious for the most part until trauma shock made him pass out; he had air to breathe. Witnesses heard him screaming in pain.

...Excuse me while I go cry in a corner... .

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 03:16:34 am »
I'm just gonna, you know, try not to either cry or flip shit. Just horrible.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline WarGoatHK417

• Neonate
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 01:19:48 am »
Really says it all about that time and place, that the cops could not be bothered to drape a handkerchief over the face of the burned-alive victim trapped in the window grating. Just left him there for the crowd to look at, for hours.

I went to another site and saw the photo. Words can't describe what I feel.

Should I post it with a spoiler (to hide it)? Not to be sensationalist or a weirdo or anything, but these images must be seen. We can't let this tragedy & injustice be forgotten & images, including really morbid ones, have a tendency to galvanize & make people think.
Especially the morbid ones, I might add.  And the accounts of homophobia in Russia.  And the stories of gay Holocaust survivors.  And what happens in Uganda...
Gives the lie to the conservative theory that "homosexual perversion of what God intended" and "liberal fascism" is the source of violence in America.  I wonder what Ryan Dobson's reaction would be if the pictures you speak of were shoved in his face?  We'd probably get a tap-dance about how "homosexuality should be confronted in a loving manner" and how Uganda and Russia don't count as "Judeo-Christian."
It's also entertaining to imagine the rhetorical contortions Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh would go through to argue that the homophobes in this story were all "liberals". 

Obviously, there's a shitload of evidence that individuals should have rights regardless of whether or not the majority approves. Liberty >>> Democracy.
Sure seems like any time the enforcement of "traditional values" comes into play, the result is pointless suffering, oppression by the state, and violence against those who are not allowed to defend themselves.  How come, in practice, NONE of these traditional values ever involve the tradtional value of leaving people the fuck alone?
I crossed out "conservative" Edmund Burke and Barry Goldwater deserve a hell of a lot more intellectual legitimacy than the racist theocrats who get to call themselves "American conservatives."
Obviously, there are tradtional values that are not necessarily bad. Not that that makes any difference to authoritarians who like to make their highly selective view of history and tradition the authoritative version, as cracked.com notes.

...Whew.  Nice going, Spukikitty, now you've got me ranting.  Enthusiasm really is contagious-- or, more accurately, "someone is RIGHT on the internet."  Someone needs to make that a meme.

.  Also, I apologize in advance to anyone who feels spammed by the cracked.com links.  What can I say?  Take with a grain of salt, of course.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:46:09 am by WarGoatHK417 »
Quote from: Lilith
Why does a dragon have hair? Fuck you, that's why.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 01:32:05 am »
Unfortunately, he was conscious for the most part until trauma shock made him pass out; he had air to breathe. Witnesses heard him screaming in pain.

Holy shit...

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 12:26:44 pm »
Really says it all about that time and place, that the cops could not be bothered to drape a handkerchief over the face of the burned-alive victim trapped in the window grating. Just left him there for the crowd to look at, for hours.

I went to another site and saw the photo. Words can't describe what I feel.

Should I post it with a spoiler (to hide it)? Not to be sensationalist or a weirdo or anything, but these images must be seen. We can't let this tragedy & injustice be forgotten & images, including really morbid ones, have a tendency to galvanize & make people think.
Especially the morbid ones, I might add.  And the accounts of homophobia in Russia.  And the stories of gay Holocaust survivors.  And what happens in Uganda...
Gives the lie to the conservative theory that "homosexual perversion of what God intended" and "liberal fascism" is the source of violence in America.  I wonder what Ryan Dobson's reaction would be if the pictures you speak of were shoved in his face?  We'd probably get a tap-dance about how "homosexuality should be confronted in a loving manner" and how Uganda and Russia don't count as "Judeo-Christian."
It's also entertaining to imagine the rhetorical contortions Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh would go through to argue that the homophobes in this story were all "liberals". 

Obviously, there's a shitload of evidence that individuals should have rights regardless of whether or not the majority approves. Liberty >>> Democracy.
Sure seems like any time the enforcement of "traditional values" comes into play, the result is pointless suffering, oppression by the state, and violence against those who are not allowed to defend themselves.  How come, in practice, NONE of these traditional values ever involve the tradtional value of leaving people the fuck alone?
I crossed out "conservative" Edmund Burke and Barry Goldwater deserve a hell of a lot more intellectual legitimacy than the racist theocrats who get to call themselves "American conservatives."
Obviously, there are tradtional values that are not necessarily bad. Not that that makes any difference to authoritarians who like to make their highly selective view of history and tradition the authoritative version, as cracked.com notes.

...Whew.  Nice going, Spukikitty, now you've got me ranting.  Enthusiasm really is contagious-- or, more accurately, "someone is RIGHT on the internet."  Someone needs to make that a meme.

.  Also, I apologize in advance to anyone who feels spammed by the cracked.com links.  What can I say?  Take with a grain of salt, of course.

Your rant was pure awesome! No problemo! I agree 100%! :)