Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533666 times)

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

Funny thing.  Chiropractic was invented by a white man.

A crazy, lunatic white man.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

Ahem, the male reminds me of Doctor Ivo Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:58:21 pm by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2013, 07:55:55 pm »

"You must like exactly what I do and write exactly as I would and look exactly as I want or you are a bad author."
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »

"You must like exactly what I do and write exactly as I would and look exactly as I want or you are a bad author."
Yeppers! That's clearly logical.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #424 on: July 13, 2013, 07:58:58 pm »

Seems a pretty harmless joke...
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #425 on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:35 pm »

Seems a pretty harmless joke...
It is pretty minor and harmless, just thought it was silly and I don't want every single image to destroy people's faith in humanity.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #426 on: July 13, 2013, 08:06:36 pm »
The thing with blogs like 'you know you're trans* when' is that the blog makers themselves don't come up with the entries. These things could be something only a handful of people relate to. Something to keep in mind.

I admittedly have related to a few of their entries.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #427 on: July 13, 2013, 08:35:16 pm »
The thing with blogs like 'you know you're trans* when' is that the blog makers themselves don't come up with the entries. These things could be something only a handful of people relate to. Something to keep in mind.

I admittedly have related to a few of their entries.
True, and I know they don't make them. I'm not against the blog. Just against some submitters.

You might be pale blondes, but if you're oppressed, you're not white.

Babble babble bitch bitch
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:49:32 pm by PosthumanHeresy »

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #428 on: July 13, 2013, 09:20:01 pm »

To be fair, Tolkien was pretty crap at storytelling.

On the other hand, I think you get a pass when you effectively define a genre for the next thirty years.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #429 on: July 13, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »

To be fair, Tolkien was pretty crap at storytelling.

On the other hand, I think you get a pass when you effectively define a genre for the next thirty years.

Replace Tolkien with 'Robert Jordan' and you get the gist of my opinion. You want long-winded? Jordan.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #430 on: July 13, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »

lolwat. The Sami are indigenous white Europeans, hence their primary locations. Yes, they're subject to a ton of discrimination (and the asker is a moron for disregarding that), but they're still easily one of the whitest ethnic groups on the planet. As far as I know (and please correct me if I'm wrong), a good chunk of what we consider to be white features originates with similar indigenous Europeans, as well as strong influences from the Romans, Greeks and other groups.

These people make it sound like white people beamed down to earth from space and invaded everywhere, with no indigenous lands of their own (insofar as any ethnic group can have indigenous lands outside of Africa).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:49:05 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #431 on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

He's actually right and you're wrong. Fins were't considered white until the early 20th century. Whiteness isn't about colour, it's about social position.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States#Finnish_Americans
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #432 on: July 13, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
1) Most Sami consider themselves indigenous white Europeans, to the best of my knowledge.

2) You're trying to apply American racial dynamics to Europe, which really doesn't work. I've had my share of Americentrism on Tumblr, thank you.

3) What does cultural perception of Fins living in the US over a century ago have to do with a different (albeit related) ethnic group living in modern day Europe?

4) Who even uses the Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid division anymore, other than neo-Nazis? By that classification, Arabs, Persians, and many South Asian ethnicities are considered "Caucasoid", even though they're frequently perceived as non-white many regions. Fins being classified as "Mongoloid" over a century ago hardly means anything nowadays. Fact is, pale skin, blonde hair and light eyes are almost universally perceived as white nowadays. It's cultural differences that lead to anti-Sami discrimination, not race.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:37:35 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #433 on: July 13, 2013, 10:37:23 pm »
1) Most Sami consider themselves indigenous white Europeans, to the best of my knowledge.

2) You're trying to apply American racial dynamics to Europe, which really doesn't work. I've had my share of Americentrism on Tumblr, thank you.

3) What does cultural perception of Fins living in the US over a century ago have to do with a different (albeit related) ethnic group living in modern day Europe?

4) Who even uses the Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid division anymore, other than neo-Nazis? By that classification, Arabs, Persians, and many South Asian ethnicities are considered "Caucasoid", even though they're frequently perceived as non-white many regions. Fins being classified as "Mongoloid" over a century ago hardly means anything nowadays.

In response to point 4: anthropologists do. My books had it in there. And considering they weren't old as fuck books...

That isn't to say I don't believe anthropology needs to get updated in their definitions and everything else.

&

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #434 on: July 13, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »

4) Who even uses the Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid division anymore, other than neo-Nazis? By that classification, Arabs, Persians, and many South Asian ethnicities are considered "Caucasoid", even though they're frequently perceived as non-white many regions. Fins being classified as "Mongoloid" over a century ago hardly means anything nowadays.

In response to point 4: anthropologists do. My books had it in there. And considering they weren't old as fuck books...

That isn't to say I don't believe anthropology needs to get updated in their definitions and everything else.

I know it's sometimes used when identifying skull shapes and whatnot, but generally speaking, modern social dynamics are a bit more complex than the 3-race categorization formerly used. Which isn't to say that they haven't been influenced by it, of course.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)